Sponsored by:

Is Victory really that bad?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 01:28 PM
narkose
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Victory really that bad?

I have read a couple of bad reports about Victory Motorsports.

Can anyone provide me with actual personal bad experiences with them. The reason I ask is that there is a 930 for sale that I may be interested in, but being my first Porsche, I don't what to get bitten.

Andrew
Old 10-08-2008, 01:30 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...victory+motors
Old 10-08-2008, 02:31 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 872 Likes on 574 Posts

Originally Posted by narkose

Can anyone provide me with actual personal bad experiences with them. The reason I ask is that there is a 930 for sale that I may be interested in, but being my first Porsche, I don't what to get bitten.

Andrew

man

you've asked about TruSpeed and Holt and have gotten good reviews.
I suggest you stay with those 2 if you use a dealer.
Holt is in your neighborhood.

but

you'll hear good and bad regarding ANY dealer.

cheers

Craig

ps
Truspeed had TWO 930's last time i visited
Old 10-08-2008, 02:36 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by narkose

Andrew
Are root canals really that bad? I guess everything is relative. I just wonder why anyone would take a chance with a company known to have shady and dishonest business practices.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

I have no personal experience with VM. When i was looking for my first Porsche, I was enthralled with their website, and their inventory. I called and asked about a couple of cars, but they were always: "just sold that one, haven't had the chance to take it off the web yet."
Now, as I am the type that will never buy a car sight unseen, I never moved past the 1st inquiry stage with them. I kept searching, looking on the internet, etc...The Victory name kept popping up here and there, as it still does. If you google "victory motorcars," you will find that every link on the first page, other than the VM website and yellow page listings, is a report of a negative experience there.
I am now of the mind that it would be a hard sell to get me to buy any car that was ever on Victory's lot.
As always, my .02...
Old 10-08-2008, 03:25 PM
matt777
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Their reputation doesn't matter if you figure you are more knowledgeable than them about Porsches, the car business and all of the pitfalls. If not, I would head for somebody with a better reputation who you might be able to trust. If you don't think you can trust any dealer and there is no value in what they offer, then save a bunch of money and buy privately. I stay away from problem people and companies as it just makes life too difficult.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:49 PM
mcfeeley1071
Instructor

FWIW, my dad and I just bought our first P-cars from Truspeed, a 993 (mine) and a 930 (my dad's). I actually looked at 930 at Victory, but the response I got from them seemed to be really cold. I never got a good response from them even when I was trying to pay cash for the car. Considering this was a big purchase from me I wanted to feel like I was a welcome customer. Anyway the cars turned out great from Truspeed. Scott over there helped us out a bunch and I live it Arkansas. That was my experience anyway. GL with the purchase.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:28 PM
RacingFlyer
Instructor

I am from Arkansas too, and when I was shopping for my 993, the proximity of Victory made it natural for me to check with them. I think I tried to contact them twice... They never got back to me. This + what you can read about them, just steered me away from them. Holt at least got back to me, but their prices were way high, as you would expect from a dealer...

Best advice I can give is look on this forum and be patient. Something will show up eventually. Heck, I know a nice '95 993 Convertible for sale from a Rennlister here in Little Rock . Murfysflaw's looking at selling it, if he can find a good home for it.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:34 PM
narkose
Racer

Thanks for all the responses - they are off the list!!!
Old 10-09-2008, 12:18 AM
Boston911fan
Pro

Oh for Pete's sake visit Holt! It's so close! I FLEW down from Boston and back in a day. You can make it a day road trip. Even if you don't buy something, at least you can sit in a 911 and drive it. They can teach you a lot about what to look for and what to avoid. DO IT!

Quick Reply: Is Victory really that bad?