Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Restaurants in Italy?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 01:30 PM
Deadeye
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

In Florence find Ristorante Garga. A hole in the wall with fantastic food, try anything w/ the wild boar.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

I don't recall the names of any of the places we ate, but most were very good. The places right in San Marcos square are very expensive. We found good pizza off the beaten path as we walked around. Dinner on the Grand Canal by Per Rialto is quite nice and very romantic.

Enjoy! one of my coworkers went to Italy last thursday with his new GF. I love Italy!

too bad you aren't going to Cinque Terre, Monterossa and Vernazza are wonderful!
Old 10-06-2008, 03:18 PM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am a big fan of tripadvisor.com for all things travel-related.

For eating in major cities, zagat.com is great. The annual subscription is totally worth it to me.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:35 PM
polaris 993 sport
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

In venice walk to castillio ( from san marcos) and go to Il nuvo de gallion-off beat great seafood and very local-I am spelling it wrong but everyone localknows it and loves it. If you have the money stay at Hotel Danieli .Their are better hotels but none more classic than this. They treat you great and everything is close by. Restaurant is -look at the gondolas(from san marcos) and go left two minutes till you get to a fork and go left to castillo(old part of venice), gallion is on the right. A 5 to 10 minute walk.Have fun
Old 10-06-2008, 11:16 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by 993-C4S

Okay, separate the comment above from the one below. Why? Because I'm about to recommend a McDonalds

No, no, not for the food, for the experience. Perhaps the most aesthetically appealing McDonald's in the world exists at the bottom of the Spanish Steps. The entire thing is carved out of marble. Worth a walk through just to check it out. Definitely don't recommend the food there.

!!!
As ashamed as my son is to admit, we actually ate at the McDonald's in Rome, true about the experience, it is the only McDonalds that I have been in thta is so large, they have a floor map of the place INSIDE the restaurant!

just down the street is Via Conditti, which is where Gucci, Prada etc....are.

Quick Reply: OT: Restaurants in Italy?