Sponsored by:

RS Shifter / Fork / RS Tranny Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 03:34 PM
ScubaJKD
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Tom,

RS motor mounts gave it a more planted feeling in turn and did crisp the shifting up a bit but with a little seat in pants vibration that can also be felt in the wheel a bit. I agree with you that it was a trade off. I dont mind the added character from the RS motor mounts but the tranny mounts might be a bit much. I am not a track star.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:48 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

FWIW, I have the weltmeister short shift kit, solid tranny mounts, and wevo semisolid engine mounts (as well as solid subframe mounts and full monoballs). There is no rattling... but you do feel/hear the transmission and engine vibrations more, especially through the steering wheel and shifter. Definitely not a wise move for a daily driver... but I wouldn't change a thing... there's visceral joy every time I get behind the wheel.

Only issue I had with the weltmeister kit is that we had to dimple the underside cover to accomodate fitment. Additionally, I have a hard time getting the car into reverse as the shift **** hits the thigh bolster on my SPG XL seats. I have to move the seat back every time I need to get into reverse (somewhat of a PITA), but overall worth the upgrade.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by hn
If I remember correctly the Weltmeister replaces the front rod's ball cup with more solid hardware (see P-car.com) and the RS kit replaces the rear rod's rubber with solid mount. See the pics below. I don't know how much the RS kit cost now (I only paid $230 for the whole 3 piece kit years ago) but I would recommend the RS kit. I think it's the old rubber piece from the old kit that gives you the rubbery feel but if you only care about the short throw (not much anyway) and not buying the rod then it really doesn't matter which brand to buy.
http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/kit.jpg
http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/ol...seup_copy1.jpg
http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/socketend.jpg

Anyone had the RS/Wevo engine mounts installed and have problem with engine carrier (broken/cracked)?

thanks
Thanks for the write up and pix.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:00 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do a search a make your own with spherical joints and get the RS shift linkage. On the tranny, get a universal joint an weld it on the stock rod. In the end you'll get something like this....

Quick Reply: RS Shifter / Fork / RS Tranny Mounts