Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Still looking for a car. argghh... some RS pics (weekend candy)

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 07:42 PM
V
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jdistefa
Cool, thanks for the links Matt. I have narrowed my search down to cars with mats- THe RS Clubsport would be super cool but it would be too harsch soundwize to drive on the street.. I actually know of an original cup car for sale that I looked at last year. THis particular example has been upgraded to RSR spec. which means stronger engine, bolt on RSR flares etc. etc. It's probably a super track car but not ideal for street. I want the best of both worlds: 993RS comfort spec. or a nice replica

Btw, I found this on pcar.com:

http://p-car.com/hank/993rs/new/

It's probably way old and a looong shot but I shot the "seller" an email.. Eventhough it's a replica, this is comething I could totally be happy with . Anyone know who owns this car??
Old 09-20-2008, 07:51 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by vhanzon
I actually know of an original cup car for sale that I looked at last year. This particular example has been upgraded to RSR spec. which means stronger engine, bolt on RSR flares etc. etc. It's probably a super track car but not ideal for street.
Hmm... would that be a silver car by any chance ?
Old 09-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Akerlie
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is one for sale : http://www.ferdinand-motor.no/index....d=18&Itemid=48

Waaaaayyyy to much money
Old 09-20-2008, 08:54 PM
Boston911fan
Pro

Originally Posted by Akerlie

Waaaaayyyy to much money
And those aren't even the genuine OEM Speedline for Porsche RS wheels! They are either RH replicas or some other Speedline wheel. CAUTION!!!

As for Speedline for Porsche RS wheels, I'm curious who sells them, as I have a set. Did they make extra wheels or are there as many wheels as there are RS's??
Old 09-21-2008, 03:48 AM
Tania W
Racer

Here are a couple of pics of a New Zealand RS from the PCNZ Driver Training day a Pukekohe Raceway last month....it spent most of it's time in the pits due to a clutch problem...I think it is the same one that is on Trade Me.
Cheers
Attached Images   
Old 09-21-2008, 08:35 AM
V
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jdistefa
Hmm... would that be a silver car by any chance ?
Hehe, yeah it's silver alright . Centerlock speedlines, extra set of BBS wheels etc. I competed in the 1995 Carrera Cup series but I've heard it's possible to register it for street driving.. It's local to me ahhhh. Maybe I should get that and put some leather/alcantara trim in it

Waaaaayyyy to much money
Yup, a little on the expensive side. Eggert, I'm still holding you firm on that offer to work my Becker NAV once I have a car to install it in . Would be great to meet up, either in Norway or in Stockholm.. And If I end up with a SY car.. oh wow then I could truly make use of my recently acquired SLR . What do you think?

Originally Posted by Boston911fan
And those aren't even the genuine OEM Speedline for Porsche RS wheels! They are either RH replicas or some other Speedline wheel. CAUTION!!!

As for Speedline for Porsche RS wheels, I'm curious who sells them, as I have a set. Did they make extra wheels or are there as many wheels as there are RS's??
Yeah I saw that. Those are RH AG Cups. There are probably like 1500 sets of OEM speedlines in the world today.. Just a guess.. Are you looking to sell yours? How is your new cab holding up?

Originally Posted by Tania W
Here are a couple of pics of a New Zealand RS from the PCNZ Driver Training day a Pukekohe Raceway last month....
Thanks for the heads up but the SW is on the wrong side
Old 09-21-2008, 11:53 PM
Boston911fan
Pro

Yeah I saw that. Those are RH AG Cups. There are probably like 1500 sets of OEM speedlines in the world today.. Just a guess.. Are you looking to sell yours? How is your new cab holding up? (
Sell my wheels?!?!? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I just bought them in July from a fellow Rennlister, and he's putting the finishing touches on restoring them. Sorry, but I can't sell them as I haven't even laid eyes on them or had them in my possession, let alone having them mounted on my car! Wow! 1500 sets, I feel special!

If I were in the market for an RS, I would be very annoyed if the seller took those wheels off. That could be a hint that he trashed them and had to buy those RH's, which means that the car itself may have been abused.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:12 AM
Akerlie
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are always welcome over here Viggo . Must admit that i have never been in Stockholm, would love to come check out that town . I suspect that my SY is crawling into its hide soon for the winter nap, so you better hurry up and find a car .
Old 09-22-2008, 11:33 AM
V
Rennlist Member

That could be a hint that he trashed them and had to buy those RH's, which means that the car itself may have been abused.
Could be. Or he is actually using (as opposed to many RS owners) his car and doesn't feel like ruining a set of wheels worth $5000+ and instead keeps them in the garage and runs replicas on the car for events.. But doesn't say if the original wheels are available.. Can't wait to see your car with the speedlines mounted

You are always welcome over here Viggo . Must admit that i have never been in Stockholm, would love to come check out that town . I suspect that my SY is crawling into its hide soon for the winter nap, so you better hurry up and find a car .
Yeah I figured.. I was thinking more like early 2009.. .. Nothing like taking your car out for a spin after hibernation.. If I have found anything by then
Old 09-22-2008, 02:52 PM
RS 197
Pro

Hahah jeesh, you guys are killing me here ..

Ok first of all, I had the luxury of taking a full 7weeks of vacation this year. Needless to say, not all of which were fully paid but regardless, I had a great time. Beginning of the year, 1 week in Italy. July, 3 weeks in the US (which was GREAT btw), then went back and worked for 3 weeks to round off with another 3 weeks in Italy. Now it's time to start working again .. Tough world isn't it?? heheh.

So, I will do a full write-up with pics (yes, taken by my newly aquired SLR) from the US, Italy and from the test drive of the 993RS. I will do it as a separate post on sunday. Tomorrow I have to clean up at home, it looks like a total mess..

As for my next car, you are right, a 993RS comfort version would be the ultimate toy for track/street duty. That or a nice replica. The two hottest potential deals at the moment is

1. An SY 993 RS replica (X51 3.8 liter engine, sunroof delete, full RSCS oem aerokit, OEM speedlines, fully functional brakeducts, SS brakelines, GT3 seats, full leather interior (black), RS carpets, heigo half roll cage, strut brace, RSR's, white guage faces, RS shift-****, RS short-shift, cargraphic pedals...) Pretty close to the real thing (but then again not really). Car is in great condition (only 26.XXXmiles). Needs RS trans and clutch/flywheel upgrade, RS thin glass, recaro clubsport bucket seats etc but pretty close). I'm checking thisone out in person on tuesday.

2. 964RS Guards red. Havn't given it much thought but it's attractively priced.

I just put a WTB add for a 993RS today on Porsche Club Sweden. Let's see what happends.. So stay tuned for the write-up (with RS pics as promised)
Don't rule out the 964 RS...I was stuck on the 993 RS for years, but I was suprized to find I liked the 964 RS way better.... I had both, drove them both back to back many times. The 964RS is way more special. It is just as fast, way more raw and way more fun to drive.
If you have to drive it as a daily maybe the 993 RS, if not I would go with the 964 RS. Drive them both, I bet you will agree...

Good luck,
Old 09-22-2008, 03:00 PM
RS 197
Pro

I would go 993RS over 964RS because the 964 is less user-friendly as a street car (note that I'm not calling it a daily driver...). GT Porsche Magazine did a great writeup on the 964 and Total 911 did one on the 993. The 964 has a harsher ride, and isn't very comfortable driving on the streets. Then again, if that's not a concern for you, then what I just said doesn't matter. Either way, you're gonna end up with a special car! Good luck!

Oh and I know a guy in California who's hobby is restoring Porsche Speedline wheels. He is restoring a set for me as we speak. I'll post pics when I get them.
Have you ever driven a 964RS... Or just repeating what you have read...
It rides as good as a 996 GT3 on the street. If you compare it to a C2 it is a rougher ride, but not too rough in my opinion...The car is amazing in the twisties.. It is the perfect power, weight for steet driving. You still can get to the limits of the car under 120 mph's....

I am a little bias.. I love the thing to death. I could drive it every day, it never get tiresome. If I had to sell them all it would be the last to go.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:20 PM
RS man
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A shame I never tried the 964RS. I was actually looking for the maritime blue 964RS originally, like yours Joe, but I saw a riviera blue 993RS on GT PP magazine and I thought I must have one of those. Never managed to buy the riviera blue..... I lost out on a riviera blue 993RSCS as I wasn't looking at the market closely enough

Harry
Old 09-22-2008, 06:46 PM
V
Rennlist Member

I hear ya Joe . I drove the 993RS, which was a total blast.. I bet the 964RS is just a challenging. For my, this car will do combined street and track duty. Mostly street. So I figured maybe the 993RS comfort spec. would be better suited.

Someone saw my want ad in the Swedish classifieds today and decided to phone me up. He is offering his car to me, given that we can agree on a pricetag that we both feel comfortable with. I wonder if that is ever going to feel "ok" for both parties.. '96 993RS comfort spec. (manual hardback sport seats). Guards red. No rollcage. A/C. Power windows. Stereo. 60.000kms (36.xxx miles). Trying to think of how much to pay, given that it is in as good shape as the seller claims it to be in. To be continued I guess
Old 09-23-2008, 01:30 PM
RS 197
Pro

I hear ya Joe . I drove the 993RS, which was a total blast.. I bet the 964RS is just a challenging. For my, this car will do combined street and track duty. Mostly street. So I figured maybe the 993RS comfort spec. would be better suited.

Someone saw my want ad in the Swedish classifieds today and decided to phone me up. He is offering his car to me, given that we can agree on a pricetag that we both feel comfortable with. I wonder if that is ever going to feel "ok" for both parties.. '96 993RS comfort spec. (manual hardback sport seats). Guards red. No rollcage. A/C. Power windows. Stereo. 60.000kms (36.xxx miles). Trying to think of how much to pay, given that it is in as good shape as the seller claims it to be in. To be continued I guess
Good luck with the buy.. From my research $80K Euro's would be a fair deal. That asumes little or no paint work, full service etc...
There are quite a few on the market.

Good Luck and keep us posted.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:34 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,184 Likes on 1,837 Posts

Viggo, best of luck in the search. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you end up with.

Joe, interesting comments. I suppose one could build an RSA to come within range of an 964RS on this side of the pond. How tail happy is the 964RS compared to the 993RS?

Quick Reply: Still looking for a car. argghh... some RS pics (weekend candy)