Sell my 964 for a 993?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Rinty
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 964 / 993

altarchsa:

The way I would make this decision is to spend a few hours driving my brother in law's car, and then think about it for a few days until I got a sense of what I wanted to do. If that sense was one of uncertaintly, I would keep the 964.

At the tender age of 60, I have finally learned to trust my instincts.

Having said that, for me, the main technical considerations would be:

1. all wheel drive: if I lived in Texas, I would feel that I don't really need this, as it doesn't rain much.
2. rear suspension: superior in the 993
3. road noise: see #2

As far as looking at this deal from the point of view of investment, I like Jay Leno's quote: "If somebody starts talking about cars as investments, I turn around and walk away."

As for how long it will take to sell your car, I would just make the assumption that it's going to take a long time, with the current malaise in the economy.

Hope this helps.

Rinty
Old 09-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stealth 993
You got to think, we are the red-headed stepchild in the 911 world,
LOLZ !!! What does that make 964's then? According to conventional (web) wisdom, our cars are hideous mutations with swollen bumpers and engines that leak like a sieve. Their flywheels explode, killing and maiming innocent bystanders and cute puppies - that is, if they even run, because they generally fall apart in your garage while you sleep.

The shame I feel when I drive it is overwhelming.

Seriously though, if I could afford a 993, I'd have one in a heartbeat. Problem is, my car is worth the equivalent of pocket lint in the Porsche world, so no foreseeable chance to trade up.

Last edited by Bearclaw; 09-01-2008 at 05:21 PM. Reason: more descriptive shame

Quick Reply: Sell my 964 for a 993?