Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fister Sport Exhaust Stage II Rocks!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 11:03 AM
TAI2
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fister Sport Exhaust Stage II Rocks!!!!

I just installed my set and they are F*#$%ing unbelievable.

You cannot believe how good they sound. Darin has a great sound clip as part of his Rennlist signature but I am going on the Rennlist drive this weekend and hope to post some additional clips. Photos will be posted as well but they look just like all the others - perfect welds and nice and shiny. The black tips are also pretty evil looking and look great on my black cabrio.

They get ya going as soon as you start the car (you say to yourself, OMG is this really my car!?!?). You then drive slowly out of your neiborhood and you realize how nice they sound but not offensive to your neighbors. You then get on it a little, while your car is warming up, and realize that your car actually barks and you are driving with an errection. The car is now warmed up and you take it through the gears, up to redline if you can, and realize that you now have a completely different car in your hands - your car now screams power at the top of its lungs. Your palms begin to sweat as you take it through the gears again and again with some perfectly timed downshift blips and then realize the lovely gurgle and backpressure pops (not too loud but not too quiet). After about an hour of this new found fun, you sadly drive home as you realize it is 1:00am in the morning, but it was worth driving the car as soon as you finished installing these beauties.

So here it it is: perfect sound, no droning and excellent quality - priceless.

STOP WHATEVER YOU ARE DOING AND GET A SET OF THESE ON ORDER FROM DARIN!

I also want to publicly thank Darin for working with me and sending me a set of his mufflers before getting my cores, and for working through the weekend to get these done and to me in time for the Rennlist drive. The follow-up emails and phone calls were also great. Thanks Darin, you are the best!

Pictures and sounds clips next week.

Last edited by TAI2; 08-06-2008 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Got the title wrong.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:34 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

Nice writeup! I feel the same way about my regular Fister LPMMs.

Andreas
Old 08-06-2008, 11:57 AM
travanx
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How are they different than the LPMMs? I just got the LPMMs on this last weekend and wherever I drive my car turns heads.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:41 PM
TAI2
Rennlist Member

These turn more heads!

I'm not sure what the LPMM's (do you have Darin's Stage I or some other product?) sound like so I can't judge.

BTW, while we tend to use LPMM in our description, I think we should try to call these Fister Stage I or II. Darin has nothing to do with LPMM other than the base technique is called this.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:59 PM
travanx
Pro

How are these modified to make an even better sound? I can imagine anything that brings the engine out without making a horrible racket is amazing. stage 1 makes my car sound almost perfect. I assume stage 2 is perfect?
Old 08-06-2008, 02:03 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by travanx
How are these modified to make an even better sound? I can imagine anything that brings the engine out without making a horrible racket is amazing. stage 1 makes my car sound almost perfect. I assume stage 2 is perfect?
I get to drive behind Darin on occasion... and I love the sound, especially when following in my turbo since I can't hear my own car!

anyhow, it sounds fantastic. A bit more aggressive than the Stage I bypass. How much more agrsssive is matter of personal opinion but I have seen many people do Stage I and come back for Stage II.
Stage II is a combination of the bypass and some super secret internal mods that Darin developed.

I am sure he will chime in eventually... and correct me if I am wrong
Old 08-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Bruce SEA 993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Inquiring minds...
Old 08-06-2008, 03:03 PM
bluejam
Rennlist Member

How much $$ is each mod?
I want better sound SO bad!
Old 08-06-2008, 04:01 PM
travanx
Pro

i am ready for stage 2. for those who don't have stage 1, you should get that at least. why didnt the car come like this from the factory?
Old 08-06-2008, 04:30 PM
TAI2
Rennlist Member

They were too busy trying figure out how to make the car meet the new German noise standards. This is when they invented our lovely spit, opps sorry, engine tray.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:36 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Bluejam, are you near Medford? I just sent a Stage II set to a guy in Medford if you would like to hear them in person. He loves them and said I could use him as a reference.
Stage II has internal modifications as well as the stainless external bypass. The are about 5 lbs lighter (total/pr), and have a more aggressive tone as well as a little louder than Stage I, especially above 4500 RPM. Above that, I like to describe them as a little evil
Old 08-06-2008, 05:01 PM
H2NO
Instructor

TAI2, I was about to ask you if I could check it out in person. Then, I got to the part about the erection. I think I'll pass for now.

Seriously, I'm interested in finally hearing this mod. I'm trying to make it to the Rennlist drive.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:33 PM
pewter82
Drifting

How do these differ from the Fabspeed exhaust there is so much talk about??

jason
Old 08-07-2008, 12:32 AM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by pewter82
How do these differ from the Fabspeed exhaust there is so much talk about??

jason
Actually, TA12 swapped out Fabspeed Maxflos for FSE Stage II's. Maybe he could answer that.
Here's what I think (though I am slightly biased )
FSE Stage II sound better, Maxflos sound good, but just the aggressive tone of Stage II's is music to my ears. At cruising speeds it's pretty nice...until it's time to not be nice...then they really come to life.
No droning.
Less than half the price.
Did I mention NO DRONING......
Old 08-07-2008, 01:28 AM
mike993c2s
Burning Brakes

I had a chance to visit Darin's shop today and he did a few drivebys in his car. Man, it's just music to my ears! I think TAI2's description is dead on. Will be taking my car to Darin's for Stage II in a couple weeks!

BTW, Darin was a great host..... thanks for showing my son the "farm"!

Quick Reply: Fister Sport Exhaust Stage II Rocks!!!!