Sponsored by:

Drooping engine sound insulation

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 10:00 AM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by brucec59
Can you get the stuff out without dropping the engine? I can't see where the lower edge or sides are held on.
hi everyone, the foam extends down until behind the horizontal cables in the picture. The foam at the corners of each side behind the intake, surround two well openings taking electric harness etc to the front.
I have replaced mine without dropping the engine, but varioram out.
Would I pull it out without dismantling anything? NO
The original glue stuff doesn't hold on the metal and goes of with the pad, but if you pull and tear, pretty much could fall everywhere, and maybe flame, generate bad smell, etc
check the picture you realise if you pull and tear, there are plastic caps (metalic studs) well behind that you could not remove...
Attached Images  
Old 07-31-2008, 03:22 PM
Amfab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brucec59
I put a piece of aluminum bar over (actually under) the insulation. I drilled holes for the treaded studs to go thru and use the black plastic nuts that held the insulation to hold it in place.
This is basically what I did
Old 07-31-2008, 03:31 PM
brucec59
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by geolab
hi everyone, the foam extends down until behind the horizontal cables in the picture. The foam at the corners of each side behind the intake, surround two well openings taking electric harness etc to the front.
I have replaced mine without dropping the engine, but varioram out.
Would I pull it out without dismantling anything? NO
The original glue stuff doesn't hold on the metal and goes of with the pad, but if you pull and tear, pretty much could fall everywhere, and maybe flame, generate bad smell, etc
check the picture you realise if you pull and tear, there are plastic caps (metalic studs) well behind that you could not remove...
Thanks. That's what I thought.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:35 PM
993James993
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Will removing this pad cause heat to go into the cabin? I want to loose the pad but I don't want to cook my rear speakers or the vinyl rear deck.

Quick Reply: Drooping engine sound insulation