Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post your RS-Style cars it's not for the Purist....

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 01:54 PM
clinchy993
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A few Genuine RS from a meet in the UK today, I thought you guys would like to see

Old 08-01-2010, 04:13 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CAHRERA
Bring back and old thread with a slight new look. BLk Script and Euro Turbo S bumper
Hey Scott, missed your new pics. Euro bumper looks excellent! Car looks really good. When you mentioned black script I wasn't sure but it looks terrific, kind of more subtle than the higher contrast silver. Like the silver stripes on the new Sport edition in your sig line, they aren't quite so bold. Here's my pics to add to the thread.
Attached Images     

Last edited by 1pcarnut; 08-02-2010 at 12:42 AM.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:05 PM
RAB
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CAHRERA
Richard you car has come along way from when you first posted a picture of it.
Hello,
The car has come a long way. The bad thing is I got inspired here on the sight. And have found out that the project can not end. Upgrades upon upgrades, shame on you all for making this forum to what it is, it is like a virus once you are truly infected you have to keep the project running. Just joking of course this sight is fun.

Here in Monaco 4th start position.

Richard
Attached Images  
Old 08-02-2010, 12:12 PM
CAHRERA
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

RAB, It's great Therapy isn't it. It's hard on the pockest book but great for the creativity part of your brain. Then you see even Porsche will like it so much and take your ideas.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:36 AM
DanQ
Pro

Received 157 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Dan Q GT3 TEK RS installed

I finally finished installing my GT3 TEK RS parts I bought on the initial group buy a few months back. Since I got the car last fall, I installed the 18" hollow spokes, RS wing, RS splitters, and RS rockers. I painted and installed them myself. I also bought a used deck lid on Ebay and replaced the original towel bar tail light with the 96 roof mounted version. Transformed the look of the car. What do you think?

BEFORE-> https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...-pictures.html

AFTER:
Attached Images    

Last edited by DanQ; 11-29-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:57 AM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Some bitchin pictures! Now subscribed!
Old 08-19-2010, 03:00 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 243 Likes on 134 Posts

There's something about the RS--most have incredible colors!
Old 08-19-2010, 03:19 PM
clinchy993
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mondays trackday

Old 08-19-2010, 11:27 PM
guardsredcab
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

DanQ, Car looks great. I've been considering adding the RS rockers to my car. My concern has been that I change the wheels frequently for DE events and it looks like the rockers could get in the way of putting the jack on the lift points. Any thoughts on that? Suggestion for your next mod on the slope... lowered suspension (PSS10s, H&R, etc.) Thanks for posting the pics!
Old 08-20-2010, 10:16 AM
bobesser
Pro

Originally Posted by guardsredcab
DanQ, Car looks great. I've been considering adding the RS rockers to my car. My concern has been that I change the wheels frequently for DE events and it looks like the rockers could get in the way of putting the jack on the lift points. Any thoughts on that? Suggestion for your next mod on the slope... lowered suspension (PSS10s, H&R, etc.) Thanks for posting the pics!
RS rockers have cutouts that allow accessing the lift points. Just like normal.

Bob
Old 08-20-2010, 11:32 AM
DanQ
Pro

Originally Posted by guardsredcab
Thanks
+1 on the rocker openings for the lift points, they don't introduce any new issues.

I already have some JIC coilovers to put on the car, just need to find some time to do it....
Old 08-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Floodj
Rennlist Member

DanQ, what did you think of the quality of the GT3 TEK parts?
Old 08-22-2010, 03:03 PM
DanQ
Pro

Originally Posted by Floodj
DanQ, what did you think of the quality of the GT3 TEK parts?
Good question, not easy to answer. I don't know how they compare to factory parts as I've only seen pictures of OEM stuff. IMHO the GT3 TEK parts should be fitted by someone with body work experience. They are not plug and play.

Splitter: I had fitment issues on the front spltters that needed trimming to fit with the underbody panels on my 95. Took about an hour of tweaking to get to fit. Maybe there are differences for later models? There is no hole for the factory drain spouts. The cooling vents are roughly cut and don't compare to the fine factory grill on the OEM part. Not really visible once installed. The outer fender mount where you reuse the factory right angle bracket are too thick to use the factory screws. I should have thinned these as finger access is tough. Now that they are in, I'm sure they are superior to any fiberglas part, as they are flexible.

Rockers: The right side alignment pins didn't line up very well with the holes in my car. I had to trim a couple of pins to get them to fit. Left pins were fine. Also the rear most mounting points don't line up to anything like the stock rockers do. I needed to go to the hardware store to buy a couple of 6mm blind nuts and bolts for the forward mounting point that were not included. Double sided tape not included, but required at the rear fender openings.

Spoiler: Unfinished raw fiberglass mat on the inside of spoiler is visible when you open the engine cover and can be seen from outside the car thru the grill. I spent some time smoothing this, but didn't use bondo to do it right. This would take HOURs to get flat and "right". Bodywork required to reprofile the opening for the grill. The edge of the opening wasn't crisp and was obvious with the grill installed. Also the wing is different thickness around opening so the grill pins are too short in places. Spend some time thinning out those areas.
Block sanding is required prep for the wing. Also I just noticed a problem after the wing was painted and installed. Is seems like some filler material has shrunk and caused a flaw that wasn't there before the wing was heat cycled on the car. Maybe it would be a good idea to mount the wing and leave it in the sun to cure? I figured a 3 month old part would have cured already.

Summary: Like I mention, the parts are not plug and play. You won't just slap paint on and install. If you have to pay someone to paint and install they might have extra hours on rework. They DO look very nice on the car, and for the price compared to OEM, I'm PLEASED with the results, but my labor is $0. I might not have been if the body shop wanted $1000 to paint and do body work. I have about $300 in paint supplies alone. I don't know if the factory parts require as much body work.. and if you are paying someone else to do the work, the higher factory parts cost may wash out vs the labor..

After reading all the above, you might ask "Would I buy again"? The answer is yes. but be prepared for the bodywork needed.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:54 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by DanQ

Spoiler: Unfinished raw fiberglass mat on the inside of spoiler is visible when you open the engine cover and can be seen from outside the car thru the grill. I spent some time smoothing this, but didn't use bondo to do it right. This would take HOURs to get flat and "right". Bodywork required to reprofile the opening for the grill. The edge of the opening wasn't crisp and was obvious with the grill installed. Also the wing is different thickness around opening so the grill pins are too short in places. Spend some time thinning out those areas.
Block sanding is required prep for the wing. Also I just noticed a problem after the wing was painted and installed. Is seems like some filler material has shrunk and caused a flaw that wasn't there before the wing was heat cycled on the car. Maybe it would be a good idea to mount the wing and leave it in the sun to cure? I figured a 3 month old part would have cured already.

Summary: Like I mention, the parts are not plug and play. You won't just slap paint on and install. If you have to pay someone to paint and install they might have extra hours on rework. They DO look very nice on the car, and for the price compared to OEM, I'm PLEASED with the results, but my labor is $0. I might not have been if the body shop wanted $1000 to paint and do body work. I have about $300 in paint supplies alone. I don't know if the factory parts require as much body work.. and if you are paying someone else to do the work, the higher factory parts cost may wash out vs the labor..

After reading all the above, you might ask "Would I buy again"? The answer is yes. but be prepared for the bodywork needed.
I had exactly the same experience with my wing. I painted the inside black to make the glass fibers disappear. I paid my shop $500 for prep and paint.
I too would buy again as the end result is great...
Old 11-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Lectra
Advanced

Bump !
We need more pics....

Quick Reply: Post your RS-Style cars it's not for the Purist....