Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rennlist NY Tri-State Summer Run - Aug. 10th

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008 | 08:57 PM
theykallmekem
Burning Brakes

Default the run

this is part two, the run itself, and scenic views. i did alot of driving mostly, but i tried to take pictures conservatively. the mountains and turns were beautiful for those who missed it, HERE IT IS

traffic jam

Old 08-10-2008 | 09:03 PM
theykallmekem
Burning Brakes

Default bubbas BBQ

this is bubbas BBQ. i didnt quite eat anything because i had somewhat of a headache and a dizzy spell from chasing everyone, but george in the GT3 stuck it out and i was able to follow.

Old 08-10-2008 | 09:08 PM
theykallmekem
Burning Brakes

Default my scenic views and mountains

i went ahead of everyone after bubbas BBQ so i can get a chance to go my own pace and to take pictures of coarse

Old 08-10-2008 | 09:08 PM
FinallyS5
AutoX

what car were you in? honestly, i dont see rain as a huge factor at 70mph in a four wheel drive car, all passes i saw made were in a marked safe passing zone, with ample room.

good times everyone, i hope to attend one of these with my personal car on hand.
Old 08-10-2008 | 09:13 PM
theykallmekem
Burning Brakes

Default the last meetup

this is the finale. we lost ALOT of cars because alot of people must have left after that pit stop at the scenic NEVERSINK lol. this is newburgh mall.

once again, thank you aarwin for everything and for setting this up. i had a great time, and it was a pleasure to meet everyone i hope to see everyone again !!
Old 08-10-2008 | 09:16 PM
FinallyS5
AutoX

Originally Posted by 95_993
I enjoyed meeting everyone! I had a great time and definitely enjoyed the drive. The brief rain shower at lunch really didn't dampen my spirits a bit. The beautiful roads/scenery,spirited driving and meeting some great people made it all worthwhile.

Drive home to Boston was uneventful except for a little traffic once I hit Mass. After 585 miles round trip, my car needs a bath.

I look forward to making the trek and hopefully seeing many of you again. I'll try and post a few pics later tonight.
hey, i was shotgun in the R32 that cruised home with you? at what point did you fall back? i know ben checked the rearview and we were surprised we didnt see you. fun times, beautiful car man!

oh and let me know if you need help bringing the shine back to the car!
Old 08-10-2008 | 09:22 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by uberskier
Great ride, had to bail at the restuaurant, the little man wanted to head back home.

Eric
I didn't get to say hello. I remember seeing you with your car in the morning and didn't connect your car's plate to your login.
Old 08-10-2008 | 09:24 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Nice photos!
Old 08-10-2008 | 09:37 PM
FinallyS5
AutoX

hey can someone post the link to the route we did on google maps?
Old 08-10-2008 | 10:32 PM
Barney1
Three Wheelin'

Looks like you guys had a great time.. I will be on the next run... Great PICS...
Old 08-10-2008 | 10:38 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Originally Posted by FinallyS5
what car were you in? honestly, i dont see rain as a huge factor at 70mph in a four wheel drive car, all passes i saw made were in a marked safe passing zone, with ample room.

good times everyone, i hope to attend one of these with my personal car on hand.
The mustang.

Maybe you don't see rain as huge factor, but on curvy mountain roads, with greasy roads, I don't care how many wheels are receiving power, its very easy to get it wrong. Simply not the type of attitude I care for on these types of drives.
Old 08-10-2008 | 11:00 PM
GeoT3
Rennlist Member

hey, nice pics all... looking at all the senic shots makes me feel like I did not miss anything while paying attention to driving.

Thank you to Arrwin and Bob for making this drive possible. I met some great people - on the way up to the meeting place and during the drive. Especial thanks to Kem who got my car and my mug in the pics... my wife got a kick out of looking at them all... what a day. I ended up driving for some 440+ miles... I think my battery is fully charged now. :-)
Old 08-10-2008 | 11:01 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by FinallyS5

I've gotta support Quadcammer on this. Fresh rain on dry roads creates a greasy surface (it gets there by migration, then floats to the top of the wet surface when it rains). I don't care how many drive wheels you have, that's not going to stop you from having issues if you hit a slick spot at high speed - to believe otherwise is delusional.

When it started raining my first fear was for someone taking a corner at high speed and ending up in a ditch. It's easy to lose your wheels from under you in those conditions.

It's plain and simple fact that up until it started to rain (we did slow down) we were driving (and overtaking) at [deleted speeds - we all know the speeds that we were traveling] . Slick roads and high speed do not make for a good combination.
Old 08-10-2008 | 11:04 PM
speedbump2
Racer

Originally Posted by theykallmekem
this is the finale. we lost ALOT of cars because alot of people must have left after that pit stop at the scenic NEVERSINK lol...
I was in a group of cars that made a wrong turn, and ended up on Westbound 84 to get to Rte 300. The only problem from there was that about six cars took the 300 Southbound exit instead of the Northbound exit.

I hit the Northbound exit and entered the Mall at the South side. That's why I never saw all of you until I heard the Ferrari rev. That got my attention, and then I saw all the other cars parked there with it.

--Chuck--
Old 08-10-2008 | 11:04 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by GeoT3
hey, nice pics all... looking at all the senic shots makes me feel like I did not miss anything while paying attention to driving.

Thank you to Arrwin and Bob for making this drive possible. I met some great people - on the way up to the meeting place and during the drive. Especial thanks to Kem who got my car and my mug in the pics... my wife got a kick out of looking at them all... what a day. I ended up driving for some 440+ miles... I think my battery is fully charged now. :-)
+1 on that.

I walked away from today amazed at the handling of my car. I spent 6 hours driving the car - the longest I've ever spent in the drivers seat since I bought it and the one thing I learned is that I pushed the car hard and it responded by telling me it's abilities far outpaced mine - a very good lesson learned.

Quick Reply: Rennlist NY Tri-State Summer Run - Aug. 10th