Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Feel better?
Old 06-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by swftiii
"I'm sorry Mark - I changed my mind"
You changed your mind and are going to race a 993 C4S? Fickle, you are.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:55 PM
Howdy993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As a buyer I've had many GREAT experiences here in the community. As a seller the transactions have been very good too (though not many).

As sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, if ANYONE here gets screwed - EVERYONE here is going to have the opportunity to know about it and they (the perp) will probably never buy or sell another item on this board.

Not to mention that the screwer (or his mother) will probably get some knocking on their door.

Best wishes to all
Old 06-11-2008, 08:08 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 113 Posts

Howdy, how's the V1?

Before I became a member (What, was I saving membership fees to afford the 993?) I had the opportunity to respond to a number of Rennlisters looking for specific items. I packed well, shipped promptly and stood by what I sold if there was any issue whatsoever.

Great experience with Pegasis for example in his shipping FREE a pair of coveted, rare and much loved amber turn signals.

This is a great community, and the community should continue to insist on integrity from its members. Other than some fun having to sleuth my way into declining buying a "previously crashed, but still good roll bar" (WTF???) I've had only the best experiences. That said, I would prefer to do business with members who's posting history meets the standard of folks I'd choose to chat with and deal with in person.

I love this place!
Old 06-11-2008, 08:26 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 415 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Lane
This is a great community, and the community should continue to insist on integrity from its members. I've had only the best experiences. That said, I would prefer to do business with members who's posting history meets the standard of folks I'd choose to chat with and deal with in person.
Well said.

Andreas
Old 06-12-2008, 02:21 AM
allill
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MarkD
Exactly!

Jeff (allill) just bought some wheels spacers from me and I realized I didn't send them off before he paid me... I actually felt kinda guilty
Then again, I didn't have his address until he sent the paypal $... but I didn't ask him for it either.

Anyhow, my point is, that is how other transactions have gone here when I have bought from RL folks. The item and funds cross paths every time. It's great.

BTW Jeff, the shipping dept (wife) will have them out today. We are so close it should be a day to you. If they don't work I'll take them back, of course... actually, that is how we shoulda started this whole thing. Try them first. Oh well.
Mark, no worries and no need to feel guilty. I am used to paying up front, just one of the things I am acustomed to regardless of us being friends or not. If they are too slim I will let you know, I got the wheels/tires ready to go but that will be a different thread.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:30 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,011 Likes on 1,778 Posts

Yikes Andreas! That was a close call. Thanks for the heads-up.

Originally Posted by sknandigam
Rennlist seems to be a very different habitat than the BMW/MINI forums that I frequent. I've always been more comfortable receiving payment - always through paypal - and then shipping out my items, after being near-screwed-over on a couple occasions. From what I've gathered, Rennlist seems to be a much more trusting environment than others, and with the caliber of cars and owners here, I would only expect so. Of course, there are always exceptions, and Mr. Lackner seems to be a perfect example of such.
Rennlist is the first forum I ever joined. I've lurked through 6speed, BMW forums and now that I've bought an Audi, I've been spending time on Audi forums. I must say, other forums have been a great disappointment coming from RL, to say the least. RL is on a completely different level and I see that as a function of the character of its founders, the vibe they've imbued and the quality of members they've subsequently attracted. This place is rich in quality information, comradery and good humor. I have made a number of friends both on and off line through this community and have conducted various transactions in full trust without an issue. Sure, there's always the odd rotten apple but that's a rare sighting around these parts. I only hope the new owners manage to keep the integrity of this place intact.

Quick Reply: Making waves on the 928 board...