Sponsored by:

Vinly bra vs Clear bra found my answer

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 02:17 AM
briefescape
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vinly bra vs Clear bra found my answer

Last year had a clear 3m installed on my car and was not happy got some rock chips where not quite covered and do not like looks for concourse .
This year I ripped it all off execpt stone guard and the strips on the front n rear fender well .

I took my OEM vinly bra and patch in the holes where the headlights washer holes were and patch the holes for the bumperett delete was which covered up the RS fog lights air ducts and then had to refit for the RS splitters . had also hood n mirror bras on .

This past weekend went on the CANAM tour with 20 or so p-cars . The weekend had all kinds weather elements rain , showers , sun and yes snow ( 6000 feet elevation what did we expect ?) .
Tons of gravel n sand on some parts .
It was a bit of work because at the end of each day I took off the bra wash n dry car n bra. I had a few tears in the bumper bra from sharp rocks that scared me .
When I got back home yesteday after 1700 kms of pure Porsche sex .
I wash the car and today i wax it . she is ready for next weekend show n shine fund raiser .

Two thumps up for vinly bra . the down side is if stuck hot temp n traffic could see having hotter operating engine .

Here a link to one of the newbie guy on the tour with his 600 + hp turbo
If you do not see my car in the clips it is because I was leading mostly this year
and let me tell you trying to keep this guy and other 996 cars entertained on some of the spirited driving was tough .
Like they said power without control is nothing .

Here is the link of pics n a few safe to show video clips enjoy . I sure did .
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...d.php?t=133198

Cheers Guy
Old 06-10-2008, 02:59 AM
allill
Drifting

So you're sticking with the oem bra? I have one too, put it on for a few hours and saw some very light scuffs on my then new paint. I will try it on again, I thought it looked kinda cool.

BTW: Looks like you guys had a great time!
Old 06-10-2008, 04:07 AM
briefescape
Rennlist Member

Allil first of all you have a beauty of a car .
I could see with your colour that any imperfection would show
easier than on my white car .
forgot to mention before putting the bra I coated the paint with Klasse
All-In-One acrylic protection , just extra safety measure .

Cheers Guy
Old 06-10-2008, 11:20 AM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

I would like to hear more about your modifications for fitting with Splitters. I plan to do the same in the future. Pics would be great!.

Thanks.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:00 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

I've pretty much come to the same conclusion. The clear bra, while more convenient has some definite draw backs. If anyone has ever replaced the stone guards on the rear quarters, you'll know what I mean. Despite what all the installer say, this stuff does turn yellow with age and is an absolute bear to remove once it gets on there. Not sure how long is takes to get really good and stuck on but even with a hair dryer it took hours to get that crap off. I suppose you could replace it every 3-4 years to avoid that but then that gets pretty pricey.

So, all things considered, I think the vinyl works the best.

Tip: I used a black t-shirt and cut a strip from it and lined under the nylon velcro strap that runs to the trunk to prevent scuffing on the top of the fender. Use upholstery spray adhesive. Works well.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

I just had my C4S done in Ventureshild. They did the whole front end, whole hood, both full fenders, bumper & little other things. Hardly any lines, & almost none that you can see.

The hood & fenders are done in one whole piece!!! The new side pieces are also very hard to see!

Find the lines...

Quick Reply: Vinly bra vs Clear bra found my answer