Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'95 RS replica (+ extras) for sale (SOLD)

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Will
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '95 RS replica (+ extras) for sale (SOLD)

*Update*

The car, Fikse wheels, Kinesis wheels, and Recaro SRD seats have been sold. The Varioram upgrade is still for sale; see the Rennlist classifieds.

Original post below:
-----------------
I'm moving to downtown Chicago and (for now) need to be Porsche-less. My RS replica, formerly known here as Red Bull, is for sale in the classifieds:

1995 Carrera

Or read all about it and see photos here:

http://www.luftgekuhlt.com/993

A well-sorted, well-maintained beauty with many thoughtful upgrades.

There are also some extras that could be packaged with the car at a higher price level. If the buyer doesn't want them, they may be sold separately: Fikse Profil 10's with BFG R1's, Kinesis K58R's with Michelin PSC's, Cashmere leather-covered Recaro SRD's, Varioram conversion. See the link above for more detail on the extras.

My 2002 Sequoia will also be going on the block.

Last edited by Will; 06-23-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Jim Morton
Three Wheelin'

Will: Good luck with the sale !

For anyone interested, this is my previously owned RS "lux" replica and IMHO, a great car for what Will is asking for it.

Old 06-08-2008, 02:48 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Morton
Will: Good luck with the sale !

For anyone interested, this is my previously owned RS "lux" replica and IMHO, a great car for what Will is asking for it.

Completely agree!
Old 06-08-2008, 04:13 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Holy crap! Where you a year ago when I was looking. That is quite a deal even if you didn't add in all the extras. I think your asking price is way too low!
Old 06-08-2008, 04:43 PM
CornerCarver
Burning Brakes

Wow! Considering that I have been offered over $40k for my car at the last 2 tracks events I attended. This car is a steal. You are selling yourself short at $36k, but i'm sure this will be a quick no hassle sell. Sorry you have to sell just a sweet ride. Good luck with sale!
Old 06-08-2008, 06:23 PM
blu_in_green
Intermediate

Would these mods be too much for a first time Porsche owner who wants a relatively trouble free ownership experience? What types of extra maintenance are involved with this type of LSD (I know some need to be rebuilt every few thousand miles)?
Old 06-08-2008, 07:23 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by blu_in_green
Would these mods be too much for a first time Porsche owner who wants a relatively trouble free ownership experience? What types of extra maintenance are involved with this type of LSD (I know some need to be rebuilt every few thousand miles)?
I honestly wouldnt think so. Generally speaking, when one is modding their car, updates and maintenance typically happen as well. I think Rennlisters are pretty picky about their cars. The current owner seems to have kept the car up as well as Jim did.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:57 PM
Will
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jim, thanks for the kind words. And thanks for all the hard work, love, sweat, and money you put into the car before I bought it... it's truly special and gets a lot of attention wherever it goes.

Ninjabones, et al., thanks for your input on the price. Regarding being underpriced, I don't think I made it clear that the "extras" mentioned at the bottom of the web site are not included at $36k, but could be had by the buyer as a package deal for a higher price, i.e., less than if they were bought separately. Sorry if I've made this confusing... I've edited my original post to try to make it more clear.

Blu_in_green, regarding the LSD, it depends on what you're using it for. According to Brian Copans, the Porsche Motorsports clutch pack that he set me up with (which only has a couple of hundred miles on it) should last a couple of years of spirited DE use. Longer for street use. Another thing that I've read here is that there are quite a few cars out there with standard LSDs being driven that have had the clutch disks wear out and the owner just isn't aware of it. BTW, replacing the clutch disks isn't a big deal... I don't think the transmission/engine even needs to be dropped. But I'm not an expert on this... perhaps others can weigh in. Thanks for the question, though!
Old 06-08-2008, 08:30 PM
pu911rsr
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Will,
Interested in car, please drop me a line.
Phil
Old 06-08-2008, 09:03 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Will:

You do not need to drop the tranny to service (or install for that matter) a motorsport LSD. In fact, I had one put in my car this week. I also talked with the folks at Guard who will rebuild a motorsport LSD with Guard internals for about $450-$700 depending on what you need done.

I still think you are crazy to sell at this price. I'm just working through the math and don't understand. I think it woudl be worth the purchase just for the parts. However, I'm trying to create a g-class race car and the tranny, brakes, etc would push me out of this class. Just the G50/21 tranny is likely worth $10K, then add the brakes ($3000), ERP links and monoballs ($3K not including labor), LWF/clutch ($1800 not including labor), PSS9 ($2,000), RS sways ($2,000), aerokit ($2-3K), plus short shifter, engine mounts, v-ram conversion, strut brace, seats, lap timer, intake, steering wheel, etc, etc, etc..... holy crap. Am I missing something here? Somebody buy this car before I do.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:18 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm not sure if my car met your car when with their previous owners, as they are pretty much carbon copies and locally owned. I can unequivocally state I have not regretted buying mine from Kim.

Now, mine's a 3.8 with Motons, but anyone out here who is thinking they can build similar for anywhere near the asking price.......hahhahhahahhahhahahaaaaa.

Have never been pressured by any streetable 911, of any generation of similar weight (even a 997GT3RS).
Old 06-08-2008, 09:25 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by ninjabones

I still think you are crazy to sell at this price. I'm just working through the math and don't understand. I think it woudl be worth the purchase just for the parts. However, I'm trying to create a g-class race car and the tranny, brakes, etc would push me out of this class. Just the G50/21 tranny is likely worth $10K, then add the brakes ($3000), ERP links and monoballs ($3K not including labor), LWF/clutch ($1800 not including labor), PSS9 ($2,000), RS sways ($2,000), aerokit ($2-3K), plus short shifter, engine mounts, v-ram conversion, strut brace, seats, lap timer, intake, steering wheel, etc, etc, etc..... holy crap. Am I missing something here? Somebody buy this car before I do.
Its sad but true that while it may not make any sense to us, the reality is that most Porsche buyers look at the cosmetics than the actual benefits of great service history, mods that cost a lot of $$$ and the fact they are getting a really well cared 911. They would rather look at a 911 from a stealer who preps the car cosmetically with no stone chips than a 911 that has a few...
In trying to sell my cabrio, I have realized that in order to do so I will have to respray the nose and buy a set of flashy 600 dollar ebay rims to make the car attractive to the prospective buyer... I still dont get it, but this is my experience.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:37 PM
CornerCarver
Burning Brakes

PART OUT NOW! Oh wait, then my pledge to my wife will go up in smoke..
Old 06-08-2008, 10:11 PM
blu_in_green
Intermediate

Will, PM sent...
Old 06-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Will
Addict
Rennlist Member

You guys crack me up, which is much appreciated... between selling my house, P-car, trailer, tow vehicle, and buying a condo in Chicago (and trying to work on occasion!), it can get a little intense!

Ninjabones, thanks for doing the parts analysis for me... I agree, it's a chunk of change. But I'm hoping to share the love with a Rennlist member who will continue the affair with this special car.

To everyone who's contacted me... thanks for your patience as I try to respond in a timely fashion. I'm feeling confident that "Red Bull" will end up in good hands.

Cheers.

Quick Reply: '95 RS replica (+ extras) for sale (SOLD)