Sponsored by:

Jessica (my 993) is gone....

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 02:00 PM
fnckr
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 118 Posts
Default Jessica (my 993) is gone....

First off this place is an awesome resource! Thank you! Though I don't know any of you, I'll mostly miss the top notch people that are on here versus other "communities." I want to buy another Pcar just to remain part of the community.

I won't get into the details, but the dealer bought the car back from me. I have to say the dealer was very professional and went out of their way to stand behind this car despite that it had no warranty. The big issue wasn't really their fault to begin with.

Anyway, I have looked at a few 993s, but just found out I have a kid on the way. I used the opportunity to sway the wife to allow dirtbikes (instead of street), and I picked up an off lease Ford F-150 King Ranch.

Or, instead of dirtbikes, I'll buy an older track-only 911 and use the KR for towing.... That's a better idea!!

I have a bunch of parts I collected like new headlight lenses, Dindo's black seats, console tray, etc. that I'll be offering up soon. If you all know of any cheap 911 track cars let me know. I'm handy with a wrench and take care of mechanical issues. Body and finish work is a different story...
Old 06-06-2008, 02:39 PM
JasonF
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pm sent....
Old 06-06-2008, 02:44 PM
allill
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me know how much you want for the 993 lenses. GL with the search of a new pcar.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Nuff
Racer

I'm a little curious about the details. Especially the part about the dealer standing behind their cars and buying it back. That speaks volumes about the dealer. I know there are a LOT of dealers out there that change their friendly attitude dramatically once you drive off the lot.

Congratulations on the baby!
Old 06-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Black993
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear it didn't work out with the car, but congrats on the new family member.

Interested to see what you have available. I don't guess the seats are the sport hardbacks by any chance?
Old 06-07-2008, 07:54 AM
95_993
Race Car

Received 562 Likes on 379 Posts

PM sent on the console tray
Old 06-10-2008, 09:19 AM
fnckr
Rennlist Member

Hmm, I tried posting with my Blackberry on Saturday night. Guess it didn't take. I was away for the weekend.

Anyway, the seats were Ddidit's old seats (8-way regular) and are in great shape. I didn't even take them out of the box he sent them in. Do a search or wait for my post. All other parts are new in box from dealer....including the rear console tray to replace cassette holder.

There were no accidents to the car. Previous owner had inaccurately claimed a few things and instead of upgrading those (expensive shocks) dealer offered to buy back. There was also a slight cleanliness issue, but that's because I'm **** and will remove panels to clean underneath. One or two minor things prior were taken care of no questions asked by the dealer. The car is now in better shape than when I bought it! I used the opportunity to get into something even better suited to my family needs. I did briefly consider a Cayenne, but already have a Hemi Grand Cherokee.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:28 AM
Geets
Advanced

FNCKR,

Can you please contact me about this car? I would really appreciate your time and knowledge of the car. You can reach me via email at steve.pagidas@verizon.net. I just bought the car and I'm a bit concerned now that I read your posts. I actually had to bring the car back to them because it is stalling constantly on me.

Again I would really appreciate your time and any information that you can share with me about the car. I'm begging here and hope to hear from you real soon.

Thanks,
Steve Pagidas
Old 02-07-2009, 12:40 AM
fnckr
Rennlist Member

Geets, I replied to your pm. Sorry I never saw this back in December. Can't wait to talk about this car. It's really a good car. It just had a generous description when presented to me.

Quick Reply: Jessica (my 993) is gone....