Sponsored by:

Installing OEM CD changer

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 09:57 AM
henkinc
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Installing OEM CD changer

I went and bought an OEM changer for my 210-CDR radio/cd player in the car and now find the carpet and frame holes for the brackets in the trunk are not correct or there, respctively. i can live with a bulge or a slice out of the carpet, but need some pix and advice. 1) does anyone have pix they can post of hopw the OEM installation looks above the carpet and underneath? 2. IHow does one "snake" the cable from the changer to the radio back in the dash?

I might go with an MP3 in the end since my CDR-210 has a single CD slot now. In that case I'll sell my conversion kit to someone on Rennlist if desried.

Charlie
Old 06-05-2008, 10:45 AM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any questions you have can be answered sometimes by runing a search here using the search feature in the menu bar.

But here's what you're looking for:
http://p-car.com/diy/cdchanger/
Old 06-05-2008, 08:19 PM
henkinc
Rennlist Member

Thanks! It lloks like it sits on the OEM carpet and does not require a modified carpet, right? Is that how the original is also?
Old 06-05-2008, 09:41 PM
mpgandco
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by henkinc
Thanks! It lloks like it sits on the OEM carpet and does not require a modified carpet, right? Is that how the original is also?
Nope--- You need trunk carpet that is cutout for factory CD Changer.There is also a Carpet cover for the CD Changer.
I have a like new Factory Carpet for the trunk with Cover for the changer itself,I may be selling.Not sure whats its worth,though
The bracket for the Changer mounts on the metal ledge and the correct carpet goes around it.Use the template to drill holes in the correct location,so the Factory carpet that is cutout will work if this is the way you want to go.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:28 AM
guards red
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I've attached Porsche's own TSB for installation of the changer. Hope it helps. O
Porsche also did a carpeted cover for the cd changer at part number 993 555 675 00 5FV. That's for a black cover, others are available.

Regards
GR
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
CD%20Changer_1996_690296.pdf (20.0 KB, 157 views)
Old 06-06-2008, 10:01 AM
LAT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mpgandco
Nope--- You need trunk carpet that is cutout for factory CD Changer.
The bracket for the Changer mounts on the metal ledge and the correct carpet goes around it.Use the template to drill holes in the correct location,so the Factory carpet that is cutout will work if this is the way you want to go.
I have a factory CD Changer carpet I would trade or sell if interested.

Search this thread for pictures;
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/434813-anyone-cleaning-out-their-garage-i-need-a-gray-trunk-carpet.html
Old 06-11-2008, 10:14 PM
henkinc
Rennlist Member

Before the web site had problems (yesterday) I had a response from someone who had an as new grey carpet with the cutout, which I said I would buy, if he told me how hw wanted to do it. It was $100 + shipping (I am at 22207). I had no PM from him, and now have lost the contact. Was it one of you? Could you please e-mail me at charles.henkin@verizon.net to conclude this? If one of you did not contact me, but have a really exellent condion carpet with cutout, please e-mail me also in case the other individual has changed his mind. Thanks. I would consider the carpet cover as well.
Charlie

Quick Reply: Installing OEM CD changer