Sponsored by:

car seat for a 2 year old

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 09:09 AM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

My problem is that I have to have 2 seats in the back. The ones that I have shown sit back further and I am still ale to drive with my seat in the normal position. Im glad that works for your situation. I just need a bit more room. Not to mention with the width of the young sport and the seat belt recepticles I cant do 2 of them. Thanks for the pic. This may work for someone.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:15 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Akerlie, I dont know how you got that in there... is the base hanging off the front of the seat a lot? (looks like it is in the picture).... does the seat fit tight...i.e. cant move the base side to side? I love my Young Sport, you are giving me hope...
Old 05-12-2008, 09:33 AM
Akerlie
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats right Mark, there is not enough space behind the driver seat with my 180cm's.
As I have not come as far down the road as you (only having 1 kid so far) i did not think of that.

Jonathan, the seat can not move sideways, with your hardback seats your kid will probably have mor leg space than mine you get the seat in by laying it on it's side (facing backwards) with the "head-section" first and turn it as you get it further inside the car (lacking the right words here), just try it and you will figure it out.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:30 AM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Very clever using the seatbelt receiver from the other side.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:41 AM
guiness
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I would also recommend the Britax parkway seats. I use two of them in the back of my C4 convertible for my 4 and 6 yr old. I fit both kids in the back at the same time with no issues.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:50 AM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by guiness
I would also recommend the Britax parkway seats. I use two of them in the back of my C4 convertible for my 4 and 6 yr old. I fit both kids in the back at the same time with no issues.
Does the seat cushion fit nice and tight into the back of the seat, or is it too wide to slide all the way back?

This is the number one problem with car seats. Finding those that taper toward the back is key.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:25 AM
guiness
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Mine fit right in and sit against the seat back nicely. The base of the car seat fits on the existing back seat without any issues. I can put it in and snap a few pics tonight if you wish to see how snugly it fits.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:55 AM
Jerseybean
GT3 Track Junkie
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Akerlie
Thats right Mark, there is not enough space behind the driver seat with my 180cm's.
As I have not come as far down the road as you (only having 1 kid so far) i did not think of that.

Jonathan, the seat can not move sideways, with your hardback seats your kid will probably have mor leg space than mine you get the seat in by laying it on it's side (facing backwards) with the "head-section" first and turn it as you get it further inside the car (lacking the right words here), just try it and you will figure it out.
I have one of these at home in my truck, Im going to pull it out and try it. At first glance I didn't think it would work, having seen your pics it just might and it might save me a ton of money and provide my son a safe seat.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by CarreraX
I have a set of fisher price ones that I ordered that work good with a little bit of cutting on the bottom. Im not sure that a 2 y/o is big enough. I had my 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 in them without any issues but my 2 1/2 y/o is on the bigger size. I will try to find a link to the seats.
Same one I have. Works great.

FisherPrice Safe Voyage Booster Seat -Model EF35B2A

With cup holder that fits (not sure why I would want to keep that option in the car... but it works for putting a small toy in there... )

Old 05-12-2008, 04:27 PM
DFC4S
Racer

I purchased the booster seat from the dealer and works great in the back of my C4S.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:04 AM
leeshephard
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I purchased the booster seat from the dealer and works great in the back of my C4S.
I Thought the dealers had stopped making/selling these? could you post a pic of what it looks like in situ?

Lee

Quick Reply: car seat for a 2 year old