Sponsored by:

Gearheads in Glen Ellyn, IL

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 03:10 PM
jsalamunovich
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gearheads in Glen Ellyn, IL

Does anyone have any experience with Gearheads in Glen Ellyn, Illinois? They claim to be Porsche experts and advertise in the Chicago Region PCA magazine. In the past I've always gone to Midwest Eurosport but Gearheads is only a mile from my house.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Gus Sem

They have a nice add in the Chicago Scene PCA magazine - that's worth something. I haven't called over there and probably won't as I just had my car serviced at Midwest Euro. I've been going there for 5 years and trust their expertise and racing experience. I'd like to hear your opinion of Gearheads if you do go there.

BTW, MidWest Euro recommended Brad Penn 20-50 for the 993, at least until M1 can prove that zinc/phosphate levels are back up.

Gus
'95 993 C2
Old 05-08-2008, 07:21 PM
jaholmes
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Gearheads may be good. I have a feeling that Chicago Motor Cars uses them for work on their inventory of Porsche's. I have been doing more work at home now since I bought a lift. I am just down the road in West Chicago. I also go to Eurosport for parts and other major work. I was in there the other day talking to them about the oil situation. They were trying out the brad penn oil too. They want to find a bulk source for BP oil. I guess they don't have the patience to deal with quarts of oil. I have 2 cases of brad penn now waiting to go in my 993 when my engine goes back in, not all 24 qts... If you just doing an oil change, come on over.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:38 PM
Gus Sem

Not to hijack this thread, but either of you going to the Autobahn on June 9th? I'm skipping Road America this Memorial Day weekend.

Gus
'95 993 C2
Old 05-09-2008, 10:53 AM
jaholmes
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gus Sem
Not to hijack this thread, but either of you going to the Autobahn on June 9th? I'm skipping Road America this Memorial Day weekend.

Gus
'95 993 C2

PM Sent

Quick Reply: Gearheads in Glen Ellyn, IL