Sponsored by:

The perfect Driver's Foot Rest

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 11:33 PM
jimbo3
Rennlist Member

Received 701 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by 993C4Smontreal
what does a "self tapping screw" look like, and whats the point of it?
That's basically a sheet metal screw with a longitudinal split on the tip to promote self-tapping. A regular sheet metal screw will work, too, but it's a little bit harder to start. Remember to use stainless. Pan head, preferably but definately a phillips or torx head. IIRC, #10 size, about 1"

Just about any hardware store has the stuff.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:03 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 136 Likes on 84 Posts

The self tapping screws came included in the pedal package
Old 05-01-2008, 01:45 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flatsixforme
I completely feel your pain on getting the dead pedal mounted! It was a pain to deal with the carpet and knowing what material was behind there to drill into...not to mention having a hard time fitting in the darn wheel well! I think I ended up finding one hole was plastic and two metal. I checked for holes in the wheel well etc, and did not find any. I spent a long time sizing things up for proper placement...I wanted it to look good but knowing there was not a lot of foot room down there i didn't want to risk catching my foot while shifting. I settled on a good spot and have not noticed it once while shifting so I am pleased, although my patience was tested!
Did it come from Ulitmate Pedals with the Porsche crest? It's a nice look but it's sacrilege to be putting your dirty shoes on the crest!
Old 05-01-2008, 02:01 PM
flatsixforme
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by David in LA
Did it come from Ulitmate Pedals with the Porsche crest? It's a nice look but it's sacrilege to be putting your dirty shoes on the crest!
No, I had them mill out the badge area (which is the size of the steering wheel crest) but after seeing the hole (not pefect fit of the metal crest) and imagining a gold crest (can't get that size in silver) with my grey carpet I had to find another solution. I ended up buying a handful of 3d stickers and trimmed just a touch of the outside edge to fit. This way I can feel good about not stepping on a crest and it sits plenty low enough that I have never touched it. I like the sticker idea because when it gets dirty/old I can put another in no problem.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Cool

Flatsix,

I can't believe you put the Porsche crest where you step on it! Thats desecration of our beliefs!!

Last edited by Carrera Mike; 05-01-2008 at 04:32 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:53 PM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too have the black anodyzed SS Rennline dead pedalith matching racing pedals and foot board (minus decals).

I also have the Rennline dead pedal (shiny SS) for my Cayenne S (minus decal).

Both are great products.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:47 PM
flatsixforme
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera Mike
Flatsix,

I can't believe you put the Porsche crest where you step on it! Thats desecration of our belief!!

I knew I would catch some heat for this!!! Let me try and spin this...I don't look at it like I am stepping on the crest, rather, I am just allowing more of my body to touch the soul of this great marquis! In fact, I have noticed since installing the crest in the pedal that my driving skills are much improved
Old 05-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by flatsixforme

I knew I would catch some heat for this!!! Let me try and spin this...I don't look at it like I am stepping on the crest, rather, I am just allowing more of my body to touch the soul of this great marquis! In fact, I have noticed since installing the crest in the pedal that my driving skills are much improved
Hahahaha... good answer

Quick Reply: The perfect Driver's Foot Rest