Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

39 Porsches(pics); BBC March 22/08

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 02:49 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,050 Likes on 474 Posts

Danny and Rich, how did everyone make out at Mission? I really hope to get out to the track this year. Everyone from Washington state, I totally agree it would be great to get a bunch of cars and people together. I'm sure glad winter's over, it seems to have been longer than usual. I also couldn't resist posting a couple more.
Cheers, Tim.
Attached Images   
Old 03-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Hot Oil
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for posting the shots Tim, I have a couple to ad. We had a turnout of 45 cars for the first BBC ever in March which leads me to believe that we have a pent up need to drive our cars.

The next BBC is Saturday April 12th and all Porsche people are welcome to attend, even from out of country, which has happened before.

Thanks everyone for coming out.

Bob

Last edited by Hot Oil; 01-06-2011 at 04:19 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:45 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
Danny and Rich, how did everyone make out at Mission? I really hope to get out to the track this year.
Cheers, Tim.
You should sign up for the April DE... It was great fun, although R compound tires and cold wet track surface do not mix very well We all short of had our "moments" , I spun at turn 1 on my outlap from the pits doing 10 miles an hour so to speak! Slipping and sliding all day long, but it was really good to give the old girl a nice workout, get the oil temps up and enjoy the sound of the flat six with the RSR headers and supercup exhaust. Symphony of epic proportions!
It was a great day to practice skills like trailbraking and staying smooth as the speeds were lower than normal and it was very easy to find and play at the limit. Some did better than others, but I think everyone had an awesome time.
Good stuff!

Bob that is a nice pic of your family and your new Targa
Old 03-24-2008, 07:51 PM
NOH20
Racer

Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:12 AM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DJF1
...I spun at turn 1 on my outlap from the pits doing 10 miles an hour so to speak!.....
You avoided the wall and that's all that matters out there. You did look kinda funny facing the wrong direction like that....

Cheers,
Old 03-25-2008, 12:34 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by AllanJ
You avoided the wall and that's all that matters out there. You did look kinda funny facing the wrong direction like that....

Cheers,

LOL...Sorry if I gave you a scare Alan! I saw you on my rear view mirror and all I could think was "both feet in, both feet in" as I did not want to be unpredictable and shoot back on the track so to speak after trying to correct the uncorrectable...
Old 03-25-2008, 12:48 AM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DJF1
LOL...Sorry if I gave you a scare Alan! I saw you on my rear view mirror and all I could think was "both feet in, both feet in" as I did not want to be unpredictable and shoot back on the track so to speak after trying to correct the uncorrectable...
No worries Danny, you were great. In fact, the entire group was great. No bumper-to-bumper crap in the corners. Everyone was watching their mirrors and gave me a point by as soon as we were in a passing zone. The behaviour of our run group was perfect!

Great pics, Tim. I'm still going to try and get to one of these BBCs this year. I don't think Bob believes me....but I'll try.

Cheers,
Old 03-25-2008, 01:13 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by AllanJ
No worries Danny, you were great. In fact, the entire group was great. No bumper-to-bumper crap in the corners. Everyone was watching their mirrors and gave me a point by as soon as we were in a passing zone. The behaviour of our run group was perfect!

Great pics, Tim. I'm still going to try and get to one of these BBCs this year. I don't think Bob believes me....but I'll try.

Cheers,
Agreed. It was indeed great heads up driving from everyone in our group and kept things fun and safe.

I too need to make a BBC one of these days. Its kind of rough though the starting time driving an hour from White Rock to West Van... Great gathering never the less and Bob is doing a great job hosting it.

Quick Reply: 39 Porsches(pics); BBC March 22/08