Sponsored by:

Tip tranny fill question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 05:43 PM
drivingmydream
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tip tranny fill question.

Does nayone know how to add T/A fluid to a Tip? I do not have the quick-fill connector andcan't find one anywhere. If anone knows an easy way to add fluid please enlighten me. It's easy enough to get to the fill port but I think it's designed to only be filled by a Porsche Tech (@ $100/Hr). My T/A was leaking after driving hard and the level was way high so I drained 2 qts and now it's slipping. The weird thing is, even after draining 2 qts thye fill guage still registers well above Hot Max when the car is cold.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:27 AM
drivingmydream
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Tip tranny fill question

I have a 96 C2 Tip and need to add T/A fluid. I need help with finding a quick fill connection. I know where to put the fluid in but can't find a tool to get it there with. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I can't drive the car until I put in a Qt or 2. Thanks in advance. Mike
Old 03-24-2008, 09:11 AM
Luftd993
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike
You do not need a special connector to fill up. Just use a length of plastic or rubber tubing pushed on to the quick fill fitting. I used a length of 12mm dia rubber fuel hose pushed all the way on. A smaller size will do, but it will not push on as far.
The quick fill is a simple one way valve comprising of a sprung loaded ball bearing, and does not require much pressure to open up.
If you over fill, use a wooden toothpick or similar and push the ball in to drain off some fluid.

Quick Reply: Tip tranny fill question.