SAI "fix" bites the dust?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 02:55 AM
hddude
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SAI "fix" bites the dust?

http://turbowerx.com/Products/SAI_Di...iagnostic.html

After following the supposed development of this product for many months, it now appears to be a non-starter. Bummer but I imagine the potential market for this product made it a pretty low profit gizmo.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:48 AM
JStuart
Instructor

That sucks...I was looking forward to this "fix".
Old 03-22-2008, 11:00 AM
henkinc
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I e-mailed them and discovered they had a computer meltdown on ALL their records, leading to a focus on reconstituing their core systems before they got back to this niche market we are interested in. I would say hope we can just hang in there for a few months while they get set up again.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:29 PM
hddude
Racer

Originally Posted by henkinc
I e-mailed them and discovered they had a computer meltdown on ALL their records, leading to a focus on reconstituing their core systems before they got back to this niche market we are interested in. I would say hope we can just hang in there for a few months while they get set up again.
I just noticed you posted this same information a couple weeks ago. However, the message on their website about this product suggests something more ominous than rebuilding computer files: "This product is on indefinite hold, pending possible cancellation." Oh well, we'll see what happens.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:08 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

That sucks. Sounds to me like big brother could have had something to do with it.

If a solution like this one ever comes to market, it would have to do so behind the scene. Since tampering with ODBII is illegal on most, if not all states, the potential law suits and prosecution from federal and state organizations would be higher than the potential income that such product could produce to make it a vaiable one.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:18 PM
99three
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A real bummer. I emailed them asking them to kindly advise if and when they resurrect their product again. I didn't want to jump on this SAI fix when it was introduced because I didn't (and still don't) need it. But now that it's not available, I want it JIC!!!!
Old 03-23-2008, 12:47 AM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they stopped the project because of potential legal issues. Someone can manufacture "off road only" headlights for a car and get away with it but try to b.s. the authorities about a box that bypasses the SAI code that can get you to pass a smog test then try coming up with a plausible excuse like its for "racing" or "off road use".......I'm guessing thats not likely a very winnable position in front of a judge. Too bad about this, I had been really hoping to get my hands on one of those gizmos.

Quick Reply: SAI "fix" bites the dust?