Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Has anyone ever done this? It looks incredible...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 10:35 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 863 Likes on 438 Posts
Default OT: Has anyone ever done this? It looks incredible...

My uncle called me today and asked me if I want to drive a new GT3, a couple of Ferraris and Lambo and maybe an Aston Martin and Bentley all in the course of a day. I said "Are you joking? Don't mess with me!". Then he told me about this place that does it, for a fairly high but not crazyily high fee... Has anyone here done this? Would you like to? I sure would! Now, if I could only get my wife to go along with it even though we can't afford this type of luxury right now.

"Drive six different vehicles from among our stunning collection of the world's greatest automobiles, including the Ferrari F430, F430 Spider, and 360 Spider, the Lamborghini Gallardo, Gallardo Spyder, Murcielago and Murcielago Roadster, the Bentley Continental GTC and Flying Spur, the Porsche 911 GT3, the stunning Aston Martin DB9, the monster Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG, and the always-underrated-but-shockingly-fun BMW M5."

Compare and contrast the performance and handling characteristics of each vehicle as you experience them for 20 - 30 minutes each on the open roadway. Afterwards, you'll have an opportunity to share your experience with the other drivers and decide which is your favorite.

Learn about the specifics of each vehicle before you drive. Our trained professional staff will give you a complete overview of each vehicle - including full instruction on the operation of certain vehicles' electronic "F1-style" transmission. You'll be driving like a pro in no time!

Remember your experience with our complementary gift package that includes a certificate of completion, t-shirt, DVD and other mementos of your day.
Your day starts with an introduction to our staff & support team and an overview of each vehicle. Your Tour Guide will teach you the ins and outs of each vehicle, then lead you through over 120 miles of the area's best roads for a day of driving you won't ever forget.

Testimonials from past Dream Car Tour participants:
"My husband Antonio and I had an UNBELIEVABLE time on Sunday!! He is still talking about it. The weather held up, the routes were great. SO MUCH FUN! ! ! The staff was amazing. You were all so professional, so helpful and friendly. We would definitely do it again!"

"This was the first time I have ever been involved in an event like this and it completely surpassed even my highest expectations. I would like to thank the staff at Gotham Dream Cars for all their hard work in making this event truly special."

"THANK YOU AND WOW! That experience was everything I had hoped it could be. I would do this again in a heart beat and HIGHLY recommend to anyone who likes cars to do this. The staff were great, the cars well prepped and the route easily documented. It was all very professional. I will definitely pass your information along. I wish I could have spent all day in anyone of these cars."

"My father in law and I had a blast. I cannot believe the power and handling ability of those cars. Gotham Dream Cars will absolutely be promoted to all the family and friends of us. I did at one point actually see the Fire Breathing Dragon let out some awesome flames in front of us. But keep us posted on any upcoming events so that we can join you guys again."

"I wanted to thank you and everyone who participated in yesterday's Dream Car Tour. Your organization, energy, and fun, down to earth personalities made the experience very enjoyable. We will definitely look forward to doing it again...perhaps I will even be a driver next time! Please extend my gratitude to everyone. Kudos to Gotham Dream Cars."

"I have to say I will cherish the deep tone of the Ford GT's exhaust and high pitch of Ferrari's 8500 rpm redline for long time. Kudos to the Gotham's guys for making this event so special. Jeremy and I spent 3 hours driving back to Boston talking about our experiences. Thanks to all."

"We had a wonderful time on Monday. My husband could not stop talking about all the fun he had driving all the dream cars. He called it 'the best birthday gift ever'. He was so excited that night after looking at all the picture and videos I took. By far, he loved the Ferrari and the Lamborghini even though he went in there wanting to drive the Aston the most. Well he is now in the save gear mode to get one of those cars. I want to thank the staff at Gotham for the wonderful time we had. The staff was AMAZING--- so professional, friendly, just wonderful. They made sure that every detail was taken care of which makes the difference in providing OUTSTANDING service. Everything ran so smoothly. I would highly recommend your company to all my friends. Thank you so much for this wonderful experience."

"Dear Diana, Noah, and the rest of the crew...My Goodness. That was one of the best $800+ I have ever spent in my life. The first 30 minutes with the Aston Martin was worth $1000 alone. My Goodness. The soul of Enzo was with me as I flew through New Jersey in the F430 and I could not believe the screaming roar of the Lambo Gallardo Spyder as we zipped by ... What a day ... what an experience ... PS I also want to thank you for being so damn cool about this entire biz. You don't act like a bunch of control freaks or restrictive with these exotics. This was more like getting together with friends and their exotic cars for a great afternoon together. That is how it should be."

"I truly had a blast! Thanks for the fantastic time! You guys are the best!"

"I just completed the Dream Car Tour on Wednesday Morning and I must say...I thought you guys did an excellent job putting the event together and making sure it was fun and safe for all of us (including the other drivers on the roads). Thanks again and I think that I'll be sending some family members and friends out to NY to check out this amazing experience!"

"First of all, I wanted to thank you for the amazing experience last Wednesday. Nathan cannot stop talking about it…he loved every minute! I knew it was going to be great, but never imagined just how incredible it was going to be! You and your staff really do a spectacular job!"

"I want to thank you for an outstanding and unforgettable experience this past Wednesday on your Dream Car Tour. I could tell that everyone on your team was not just an employee, but a fellow car lover like me. I felt more like part of the team rather than just a driver, and I truly appreciate that. From showing me how to interact with the car like a pro to finding great roads to flex some super-car muscle made for an adrenaline rich experience. The cars were insane! I don't know how else to put it. Ferrari exhaust notes and sleek Lambo lines. You guys have the king of all car collections. I will be back for more."

You will be driving six of the vehicles listed below on the Tour*

Ferrari F430/F430 Spider
Lamborghini Murcielago/Murcielago Roadster
Lamborghini Gallardo/Gallardo Spyder
Bentley Continental GT/GTC
Aston Martin DB9 Volante
Maserati Granturismo
Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG
BMW M5
*vehicles are subject to change in the event of mechanical breakdown, which we'll do our best to avoid!

Note: Tours always include the "primary" cars - a Ferrari F430 (or better), a Lamborghini (or two), a Bentley - so don't fear...

Dream Car Tour Pricing
$895.00 (+ tax) for a single participant - You'll get a full 20 - 30 minutes of driving per vehicle, all to yourself.
$595.00 (+ tax) per driver for dual participants - You'll both ride together and switch off as driver / passenger every 20 - 30 minutes, driving 3 vehicles each.
Non-driving passengers are always free!

Man, this had me salivating! Sorry if this has been posted before but I did a search and couldn't find anything on these guys. No affiliation but I sure wish I did!

Steve R
Old 03-18-2008, 11:07 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 232 Posts

Steve,
Sounds neat, but as silly as it sounds - my humble 993 covers all the bases for me.

There will always be faster and more expensive cars, but for this aging car nut, the Dung Beetle rules.

Now go do it!

Andreas
Old 03-18-2008, 11:31 PM
Black993
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

read about that a while ago. Sounded neat but didn't get too far into it honestly
Old 03-19-2008, 12:31 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Andreas: I'll post pics if I do it, for sure!

Black993 - My uncle is talking about wanting to do it with me this year. Maybe I can talk him into gifting part of my portion of it! I doubt my lovely wife will be too happy with my paying $595 to drive some exoticars for a day while she stresses over every $100 we spend now here at the house (just moved and, it's been very expensive AND my job may be turning to shi* very soon due to changes at work).

Steve
Old 03-19-2008, 12:36 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
I doubt my lovely wife will be too happy with my paying $595 to drive some exoticars for a day while she stresses over every $100 we spend now here at the house (just moved and, it's been very expensive AND my job may be turning to shi* very soon due to changes at work).
Sounds like you may wish to shelve this luxury until next year. An intact marriage is worth quite a bit

Andreas
Old 03-19-2008, 10:59 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Thanks Andreas, excellent point. Besides, as you said, I happen to have a generic "exotic" that I can drive for free sitting in my garage. Still, how cool would it be to drive all those hot cars in one memorable, day...

Steve
Old 03-19-2008, 11:53 PM
Energy Trader
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed--- I have reservations for June 7/8 in Illinois. I'm taking my dad and my 15yr old son! They are giddy about the whole thing. Not sure about the pricing shown here. I'm paying much more than that to drive all the cars (dad and son are just passangers). I'll try to post some pictures from the trip.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:10 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Spend that for a track day with YOUR car. Even if you're a first-time beginner, you'll have so much more appreciation than going a little zoom-zoom on a public highway with (I'm sure) a pretty short leash.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:30 AM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

They (or someone very similar) we here in South Florida a few months ago. I think that they are doing it again in April or May. I think that it would be enjoyable to do once. I have a friend in London that belongs to an exotic car "club" that allows him to drive up to 30 full days a year in any of their cars. You get credits and each car cost a certain amount of credits. He doesn't even own a car because London is so congested, so this seems like a perfect alternative to running an exotic himself......
Old 03-20-2008, 09:49 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by race911
Spend that for a track day with YOUR car. Even if you're a first-time beginner, you'll have so much more appreciation than going a little zoom-zoom on a public highway with (I'm sure) a pretty short leash.
I hear what your saying but I drive my own car all the time. What really thrills me about this exotic car driving day is that I'd never be able to drive or own cars like this and I've lusted after them and looked at them from afar for years. For one day, I'd actually get to drive 5-6 of them - what a total thrill that would be. It would be like owning them for ... part of a day. I'm sure I'd never forget that experience and cherish it forever. I LOVE cars and especially exoticars. You mention spending the day at the track instead of this... that is great, I'm sure, but this would rate much higher than that in my book.

Steve
Old 03-20-2008, 10:52 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
I hear what your saying but I drive my own car all the time. What really thrills me about this exotic car driving day is that I'd never be able to drive or own cars like this and I've lusted after them and looked at them from afar for years. For one day, I'd actually get to drive 5-6 of them - what a total thrill that would be. It would be like owning them for ... part of a day. I'm sure I'd never forget that experience and cherish it forever. I LOVE cars and especially exoticars. You mention spending the day at the track instead of this... that is great, I'm sure, but this would rate much higher than that in my book.

Steve
No question you've got to rate your own enjoyment. I'm too jaded at this point, anyway. I DO know that spending a day with a guy/girl on their first track day.....while usually borderline boring to me......just opens the eyes of the owner.

What gets me on these things is that no way, no how are you pushing ANY car of that level that you don't own like that (hell, ANY car) near any limit on a public street. Do you get to drive it? Sure. 100-120 maybe? OK, for 5 seconds. Little zoom zoom through some twisties? OK. You're not going to be kicking in the traction control or anything.

Ultimately, if it's spare change and you want the experience, sure it's something different. But this seemed to be a splurge.

Last thought, go to a track day and the social intangible will be one of the highlights. Even if you're not driving, make a day of it sometime! (I'm kinda speaking to the general population here; it's something everyone who owns ANY sports car should observe first-hand.)
Old 03-20-2008, 10:55 AM
rome
Rennlist Member

HEre you can drive similar cars, but on the track:

www.supercarlife.com
Old 03-20-2008, 02:56 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

It would be fun to throw around some expensive cars that you don't have to worry about!

Even on the track, & I keep with in my skill, & am very aware of the car, & try not to push her to much. But in a rented car, I do some launches, burn outs, & drifts! It's be fun!

This would be a good gift for a car freak on a budget, like me.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:04 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

These guys, "Gotham Dream Cars" are based in NY/NJ and Florida (Miami I think). I've met the owner a few times and they do have some very nice cars. I've never done the tour myself, but some on the FChat has and all seemed to have a very good time.

Hope this helps some and if you do do it, have a great time!
Old 03-20-2008, 07:44 PM
Obie1
Instructor

Someone I work with just got back from doing this in Miami. He loved everything. He said he would do it again next year. I was surprised to hear that they really let you open these cars up on the highway (I-95). Said he had both the Lambo and the Ferrrari up to 130mph. Based on is feedback I would say it is worth the trip.

JD

Quick Reply: OT: Has anyone ever done this? It looks incredible...