Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door pocket lid replacement ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008 | 04:11 AM
Butzi
Rennlist Member

Default Door pocket lid replacement ?

Attempting to fix the cover on my driver's side door pocket lid; it partially collapsed, then the hinge tore out of the lid (#30 pulled out of #25), so it no longer stays up when opened. Not a big deal, want to fix it if I do sell...

A few questions:
1) Pelican has the lid for $135, dc Automotive has it for $35, what's with the price discrepancy?

2) What is the part named "Insert" (#36) in the diagram? I can't find it on either door...

3) If anyone has done this, do I need support pieces #26 & 37? They were never there before & look pointless...
Attached Images  
Old 02-27-2008 | 04:22 AM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Butzi (chef_jmr)
Attempting to fix the cover on my driver's side door pocket lid; it partially collapsed, then the hinge tore out of the lid (#30 pulled out of #25), so it no longer stays up when opened. Not a big deal, want to fix it if I do sell...

A few questions:
1) Pelican has the lid for $135, dc Automotive has it for $35, what's with the price discrepancy?

2) What is the part named "Insert" (#36) in the diagram? I can't find it on either door...

3) If anyone has done this, do I need support pieces #26 & 37? They were never there before & look pointless...
1) dc Automotive sells used parts
2+3) the hardware you are talking about is when you have the nokia dsp option
Old 02-27-2008 | 04:25 AM
Trevor-uk
Instructor

No idea about price variation but I'm guessing the insert and support parts may have something to do with the Nokia sound system controller which would sit exactly under there (if specified).

ETA - beaten to it. Europe is awake!
Old 02-27-2008 | 04:32 AM
Butzi
Rennlist Member

Merci mon ami! I owe you a Ricard. Or "une demi Seize"... Or go to all the cafes/clubs/hangouts I miss in Paris!

I knew dc Automotive was used, but I've bought from them before, and nothing has looked "used". Just though the $100 differential was excessive; won't keep me from Pelican for other goods...
Old 02-27-2008 | 04:33 AM
Butzi
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Trevor-uk
No idea about price variation but I'm guessing the insert and support parts may have something to do with the Nokia sound system controller which would sit exactly under there (if specified).

Ha! I'm off to bed, cheers!
Old 02-27-2008 | 04:35 AM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Trevor-uk

and it sends you the warmest regards to both of you...
Old 02-27-2008 | 09:36 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Part number 36 looks like the rubber tray that is inside the pocket if you don't have the Nokia Digital procesor control. It's not attached by anything, it just sits there by gravity in its cavity. Maybe your was missing?

Quick Reply: Door pocket lid replacement ?