Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, I just found out my car has a salvage title.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 10:07 AM
Mark Harris
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gr8nine93
Mark: YOu are kidding about the SC re-body, eh? I am not against a guy flipping a car to make a buck however I see no discussion of a PPI. That is just plain unforgiveable. Now I repeat, screw CarFax. It is a joke. The way CarFax gets its info is from the Stateand they get it from the insurance company. In my case the ins co screwed up and did not report so teh car I sold was clean on CarFax. What does it say on the (*^)($789&% title? No salvage then it is clear. Other issues I have had have been strictly around ODO fraud. if you suspect ODO tampering here is my experience and I have collected on this twice.. On odo fraud regardless of whether the owner knows it, the seller is responsible. In Oregon it is 10% of the value of the car. I bought a Porsche that showed 84k and turned out the odo had been changed. I got $2k from the seller OR he has the option of refunding my money. States may vary. 67k is really low ,miles. Check carfax on that. If it is fishy you can go after the guy. It is a federal offense and makes most quite nervous. I have found the best thing is the internet and going to DMV web sites etc. I got the state of OR to pay me $3k cause a snowplough driver failed to put out flares in front of a downed tree. I did a search for ODOT handbook and found the rule right there. Every gov doc is on hte net. I suggest yoiur take a deep breath and slow down. Lastly, salvage can mean a lot of things. Like is was up to the gunnels in water however after water drained everything was ok. You got a nice car cheap. Of course as a quick profit that may be gone. BTW, PPI should include on Pcars compression and leak down. I will give you one thing. You have gottena lot of attention.
Paragraphs are our friends.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:14 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 319 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by gonz911
I'm subscribing to this thread because I'll be in the market for a 993 real soon after selling my M3 cabrio and need to know the do/don't and what's going around. Good luck.
Is this car SILVER?
Old 02-24-2008, 10:33 AM
richardew
R.I.P
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is a nation of laws and justice and dollars. O.J. had enough money to get away with murder. Me, I have enough money to get away with speeding in my 911. You are entitled to as much justice as you can afford in the US of A. Now Florida sure is an upright state. Hmm. Seems to me I remember something being fixed there back in 2000. Hmmm. What was that. Oh yea. The PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION. THE 2000 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION WAS FIXED IN FLORIDA. Now there certainly isn't anybody in Florida who would wash a car title is there. Tha would be illegal. The car war wrecked in VA then retitled in FL with basically no additional miles. There are lots of ways to wash the title. I Googled the topic and came up with >10,000 hits. I just looked at the first few. All it takes is a willing party who works in the office that issues the titles. Modereately low paid civil servants in a state with a high cost of living and inflated (formerly) real estate values. Gee, what would it take. Hmm.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:42 AM
gonz911
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THREADJACK WARNING - REGRETS - LOL

Yup: Went from this modded, to stock although she still has KWv2, Eibach sways f/r, 2002 6 speed, cold weather package, black nappa, w/48k miles. She'll be on the market this Spring and priced to sell. I want a 993 to mod.

I'm learning everything I can about the 993 and what to do and not! I used to own a '78 911SC that was completely rebuilt (engine, trans, suspension - you name it), also owned a '99 996 that was a total POS! Didn't do my homework on that one. One of the infamous leaking cylinders requiring another engine, plus repeated RMS issues. I was so PO at myself and Porsche, I decided I'd try a Bimmer. But, after several years I realized I'm a Porsche-guy and absolutely love the 993. So after spending over $40k on mods, I decided to remove them, sold right away, next the car. The car also made ~ 385 HP. I want a 993S, I love the 993tt but don't really like AWD.

Back to Stock - almost

Last edited by gonz911; 02-24-2008 at 11:14 AM.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:44 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by gr8nine93
Mark: YOu are kidding about the SC re-body, eh?
You'll have to ask 95 C4 993 since he was the one that originally mentioned the potential SC heritage.

Originally Posted by Mark Harris
Paragraphs are our friends.
LOL. +1
Old 02-24-2008, 10:44 AM
gonz911
Pro

Originally Posted by richardew
This is a nation of laws and justice and dollars. O.J. had enough money to get away with murder. Me, I have enough money to get away with speeding in my 911. You are entitled to as much justice as you can afford in the US of A. Now Florida sure is an upright state. Hmm. Seems to me I remember something being fixed there back in 2000. Hmmm. What was that. Oh yea. The PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION. THE 2000 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION WAS FIXED IN FLORIDA. Now there certainly isn't anybody in Florida who would wash a car title is there. Tha would be illegal. The car war wrecked in VA then retitled in FL with basically no additional miles. There are lots of ways to wash the title. I Googled the topic and came up with >10,000 hits. I just looked at the first few. All it takes is a willing party who works in the office that issues the titles. Modereately low paid civil servants in a state with a high cost of living and inflated (formerly) real estate values. Gee, what would it take. Hmm.
Eh, you want to bring politics into this now? You're entitled to your opinion but what does Bush's valid win in Florida have to do with this guys salvage title 993? NADA. Congrats on having enough money to get out of speeding tickets. You must be special.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:51 AM
drivingmydream
Advanced

Why bring 'hanging chad' into this discussion? Besides ,IMHO Al 'Gornola' lost fair and square.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:57 AM
richardew
R.I.P
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's just that funny things can happen in Florida. Like title washing. Nice to have met two of Bush's remaining supporters though.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:09 AM
gonz911
Pro

It's just that funny things can happen in Florida. Like title washing. Nice to have met two of Bush's remaining supporters though.
You give the impression of an angry person or for sure someone with a chip on his shoulders. I'd be obliged to engage you little fella any day on politics, history, etc, etc., but this is not the place for it. I would have plenty to say about what would seemingly be your type of president as with the peanut farmer loser Carter or the slime-bag Cinton, but I'm certain everyone would agree this should be taken to the OT.

Got Milk? OWNED

Old 02-24-2008, 11:15 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Come on, guys, take it up in private or in the OT section.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:16 AM
gonz911
Pro

Agreed. Just thought I'd put in my $0.02 on the subject and I reserve the "apples" picture only for special circumstances or people. Done on this as 993's are my only interest here.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:43 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

they dont wash titles in Florida. Your political rant belongs in OT.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:09 PM
drivingmydream
Advanced

I'm pricing the car at $23,500 if anyone is interested.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by drivingmydream
Old 02-24-2008, 12:29 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 319 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by drivingmydream
what color is the car?

Quick Reply: Help, I just found out my car has a salvage title.....