Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Victory Motors-100% positve eBay rating?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 03:21 PM
Floodj
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I was shopping for 993 I checked them out on the BBB website. Their rating there was not super stellar either.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:42 PM
Leanit
Advanced

I tried to buy a car from them recently. When I asked a basic questions about the results of the PPI I had done, Mr. Neil got angry and hung up on me. I was trying my hardest to give him $40,000 and he hung up on me. I wouldn't touch them with a 2000-mile pole. If you could go there and see the inventory in person and just ignore the personalities involved, it would be different. But a remote purchase is out of the question to me as I can't do business with a hostile/pushy person I can't trust.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:52 PM
melman911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Goofball

If you weren't in some way related to Victory i would be surprised.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:02 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by melman911
Goofball

If you weren't in some way related to Victory i would be surprised.
+1

Goofball, I see you've been trolling on another thread too. Why don't you tell us something about yourself, including where you're from - since that doesn't seem to be displayed on your avatar.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:07 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Sure, I'm from Los Angeles. I make my living doing voice-overs for television and radio; mostly I narrate documentaries and voice commercials. I don't work for Victory Motors LOL. I bought my 1996 Polar Silver C4S from my girlfriend about 3 years ago. It had 35K at the time, it now has nearly 60K. My other car is a 1964 Silver Mink Ford Thunderbird convertible. I also used to own a 1963 Silver 356B Roadster, so this is my second Porsche. I am in the processes of having PSS-10s installed on my car in a week or two, and when the car is done, so are all my mods and I'm planning on posting pics and doing a formal introduction at that time. To be honest, I don't really know what "trolling" is, but I suspect it's responding to threads without joining Rennlist? If I'd known making a few choice remarks about Bush's legacy would've engendered such attention to myself, I'd've done it long ago haha! I have learned quite a bit on this board from many folks. I would love to join, but I am wondering if there's any other way than via PayPal. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:53 PM
richardew
R.I.P
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

f I'd known making a few choice remarks about Bush's legacy would've engendered such attention to myself, I'd've done it long ago haha!
I don't mind G'ball. I thought that I used a credit card to join, not paypal. I may be wrong about that though.

I've never dealt with Victory, but if you buy and sell enough used cars, you will surely **** somebody off, and if you buy and sell a lot of used cars you will **** a lot of somebodies off. Who has a worse reputation than a used car salesman anyway?
Old 02-24-2008, 06:00 PM
melman911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sure, I'm from Los Angeles. I make my living doing voice-overs for television and radio; mostly I narrate documentaries and voice commercials. I don't work for Victory Motors LOL. I bought my 1996 Polar Silver C4S from my girlfriend about 3 years ago. It had 35K at the time, it now has nearly 60K. My other car is a 1964 Silver Mink Ford Thunderbird convertible. I also used to own a 1963 Silver 356B Roadster, so this is my second Porsche. I am in the processes of having PSS-10s installed on my car in a week or two, and when the car is done, so are all my mods and I'm planning on posting pics and doing a formal introduction at that time. To be honest, I don't really know what "trolling" is, but I suspect it's responding to threads without joining Rennlist? If I'd known making a few choice remarks about Bush's legacy would've engendered such attention to myself, I'd've done it long ago haha! I have learned quite a bit on this board from many folks. I would love to join, but I am wondering if there's any other way than via PayPal. Thanks.
Cool brother. Honestly sounded like you were doing a commercial for them. Which makes sense now. Join Rennlist.....some of the best money you will spend as a Porsche owner. IMHO
Old 02-24-2008, 06:11 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
To be honest, I don't really know what "trolling" is, but I suspect it's responding to threads without joining Rennlist?
LOL... close!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Make sure you post pics of your car once the PSS10s are on .
Old 02-24-2008, 06:19 PM
jaxxk8
Intermediate

alledjed victory account buying up manuals like whoa!
http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/...ab=AllFeedback

im sure theres many others
Old 03-14-2008, 06:31 PM
Vartan76
AutoX

I am actually bidding on an 87 3.2 targa and was looking for feedback outside Ebay. Has any of you met the people at Victory / recommend someone in particular to talk to?

I have asked for detailed close ups, but nothing received so far.

Thanks
Vartan
Old 03-14-2008, 06:48 PM
mikestash
Racer

Ouch. Do a search. They have a mixed reputation on this board. And that is me trying to be objective.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:56 PM
AtlJimK
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I got in the market about 8 months ago. I began my noob search by looking for a "boutique" dealer, someone who "knew" these cars. After a few searches Victory kept popping up. I was very interested in a couple of cars in his inventory. My comapny has an office about a 1/2 mile down the road. I stopped by on a trip through H-town. Robert Neal came off pretty straight forward and sincere and the collection was incredible. He didn't have quite the "right" one. I told him to contact me if the "right" one came in. Since I got the "right " one (RL car) but mean while at least 3 have been listed on his site or Ebay without even a call from RN....nuf said.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:07 PM
e9stibi
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Bottom line: Robert is a typical used car sales person.

Erik
Old 03-14-2008, 11:55 PM
Jack B
Intermediate

Don't go near them.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:52 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by InTheAir
Actually, eBay changed the rating system earlier this month.
Supposedly, the most significant partof the change won't occur until May 2008.

http://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/new.html

What is changing?

What changes are being made to the eBay Feedback system?

There are five key elements to the new Feedback system being introduced in the first half of 2008:
Beginning in February, buyers and sellers will be able to earn up to one Feedback per week from the same trading partner. Today, members may only affect each other's Feedback scores one time, regardless of the number of transactions between the parties. This change will both encourage repeat transactions and reward good service.

Sellers will no longer be able to leave negative or neutral Feedback for buyers. This change will occur in May, 2008.

Removal of negative and neutral Feedback left by members who are suspended or who fail to respond to the Unpaid Item (UPI) Process.

Positive Feedback percentage will be based on the past 12 months of Feedback, rather than lifetime, since it is most indicative of the seller's recent performance.

Restrictions on when Feedback can be left:
Buyers must wait three days before leaving negative or neutral Feedback for sellers with an established track record.

Instead of 90 days, members will be able to leave Feedback for 60 days.

Quick Reply: Victory Motors-100% positve eBay rating?