Sponsored by:

TruSpeed?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 10:05 AM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default TruSpeed?

Anyone have actual experience with TrueSpeed www.truspeedmotorcars.com in Costa Mesa?

I dd a quick search and it seems they are pretty good. A friend wants to buy a 993 there, but it seems kind of expensive to me. Maybe it's worth it, I don't know.

Please let me know how it was to work with them and if they stand behind their cars.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:36 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 102 Likes on 52 Posts

Like you mentioned, your search turned-up good things about these folks.

There have been a few instances of post or during-purchase problems that were discovered and resolved by both parties.

All in all, they seem to enjoy a reputable reputation.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:24 PM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have been to their show room, they specializes in very very clean great condition 993s, prices are not cheap but if you want a great condition 993 they've got them.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:45 PM
2Many Cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought a car from them and referred a friend to them who bought a car - both long distance purchases and we are both happy. The prices were fair but not cheap - something I was OK with to get the right car. You'll still want to get a good PPI just to be sure there are no surprises.

No affiliation, etc.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:04 PM
loubeer
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also purchased my car from them about three year's ago. Easy to work with and I feel their price was very fair for the quality received.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:10 PM
trojanman
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I purchased from them as well... good guys, quality cars. You get what you pay for, IMHO.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Damien Lewis
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a 1998 C2S from Brack about 5 years ago...He was great to deal with and delivered the car to my office (over an hour away). In addition, he has always been helpful post purchase and when I went to sell another C2S I had, he was very kind to help me with that as well.

I highly recommend them.

Damien Lewis
Old 02-12-2008, 08:46 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

I didn't buy my 993 from them, but they have a quality inventory, and priced accordingly. I did sell my CDR 210 to one of their employees, and spent a little time talking with him. They definitely know Porsches!
Old 02-12-2008, 10:32 PM
Floodj
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my 993 from them, easy to work with, fair prices beautiful cars.
I recommend them.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:03 PM
tdub
Instructor

I have never actually bought a car from them but I go there every month or so when I'm in the area to drool on the cars they have.

Beautiful examples of the different years. The staff is always polite to me when I'm asking questions about the cars. First class organization for what I can tell.

Hergesheimer is close for ppi's on the cars but My feeling is these guys already have covered the bases on the Quality end of the deal.

The bottom line is that I'd be comfortable buying a car from these guys based on their reputation. They are not inexpensive but when you're buying this caliber you need to look past the bottom line.

I HAVE NO AFILLIATION WITH TRUSPEED

best of luck, TW
Old 02-13-2008, 12:47 AM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your input. I think this information is really going to help my friend be at ease. I really liked the quality of their cars. Never seen so many great 993's!

Anything else?
Old 02-14-2008, 11:27 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 885 Likes on 583 Posts

Originally Posted by niche
Anyone have actual experience with TrueSpeed www.truspeedmotorcars.com in Costa Mesa?

I dd a quick search and it seems they are pretty good. A friend wants to buy a 993 there, but it seems kind of expensive to me. Maybe it's worth it, I don't know.

Please let me know how it was to work with them and if they stand behind their cars.
just got this email from TS, seems like they have some new personnel

Dear Clients and Friends,

I wanted to take a moment and introduce myself, as Michael Fabian has left TruSpeed to join a family business. We all wish him only the best. I have been involved with Porsche sales for roughly fifteen years and have enjoyed, many wonderful and on going relationships with Porsche enthusiast. If you have any questions or need assistance regarding selling or purchasing a vintage or current model Porsche, please give us a call. Our inventory has grown substantially and we have acquired some of the finest Porsches available on the market today. We are currently undergoing a major transformation including our website and possibly a much larger facility. If you ever feel like calling to talks cars, feel free to do so at any time!

Best regards,

Scott D. McCloud

Sales Manager

TruSpeed Motorcars
Old 02-15-2008, 01:16 AM
trojanman
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

funny, I got the same e-mail today
Old 02-15-2008, 01:49 AM
Sprintrider
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

I bought my TT from them a year ago and would recommend them. During my purchase some issues developed with a C4S that I was purchasing but we worked on it and we were both happy in the end. They offered me an upgrade to the TT (at additional cost) to make me happy, and although their prices are not bargains, they were fair. I am very glad it all worked out and I got my dream car.

They have a good reputation and clearly have a good selection of late model air cooled porsches.

I worked with Michael Fabian so can not comment on the new changes.

Buy with confidence.... but always get a PPI before sending the check... Hergesheimers is nearby and does a thorough PPI. Truespeed works with them quite a bit and will take the car over for you and get it done. Laura Hergesheimer is the contact I think.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:31 PM
993 Azul
Rennlist Member

I bought my 96 993 sight unseen from them in 2006,, and did not know enough to request a PPI,(didn't know Rennlist existed)The car was delivered just as promised,in the condition as described by Michael Fabian(execellent, like new).I felt the price was high but fair for a 26K mi. one owner C coupe.They were very professional and I give them my highest recommendation.
Joseph

Quick Reply: TruSpeed?