993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TruSpeed?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008 | 05:29 PM
dcdude
Drifting

On a slightly related note, I dropped by 2 dealers at the Irvine Auto Spectrum yesterday. I believe that the "new" Autosport International is in the space of the "old" Autohaus West. At Autosport, I was warmly greeted by Bill, their Sales Manager, and shown a black '95 cab tip with 10K for $59K. He also introduced me to a few other folks there. Lots of 996s. Ducati sales(?) and service. Overall, cool.

Autohaus seemed to have moved to a temporary-looking location across the street. I was completely ignored. They had two Polar 993s: a '95 coupe tip that seemed rough, with worn carpet and floor boards. The '96 cab 6 spd. had 48K and actually looked good, had Sport Classic wheels.
Old 02-15-2008 | 07:29 PM
trojanman
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by dcdude68
On a slightly related note, I dropped by 2 dealers at the Irvine Auto Spectrum yesterday. I believe that the "new" Autosport International is in the space of the "old" Autohaus West. At Autosport, I was warmly greeted by Bill, their Sales Manager, and shown a black '95 cab tip with 10K for $59K. He also introduced me to a few other folks there. Lots of 996s. Ducati sales(?) and service. Overall, cool.

Autohaus seemed to have moved to a temporary-looking location across the street. I was completely ignored. They had two Polar 993s: a '95 coupe tip that seemed rough, with worn carpet and floor boards. The '96 cab 6 spd. had 48K and actually looked good, had Sport Classic wheels.
Funny Chuck... I had a very similar recent experience at both dealers. I was generally impressed with the cars and the people at Autosport... not too pushy and they listened to what I was saying and picked up quickly that I was an enthusiast.

At Autohaus I was actually told in a very by-the-way fashion after asking whether they got many 993's in that 993's were "crap" and that 996's were where it was at. I smiled politely and walked away. I probably would've had a more favorable impression if I had been ignored.

Quick Reply: TruSpeed?