Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Time for a PA/NJ/NY Spring Fling?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 05:01 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Well, we did the dry run for next weekend's Spring Fling this morning and I have to say that I love this drive.

There was a light fog as we crossed the bridge from New Hope into Lambertville and the river looked amazing.

The roads are in great shape and with the exception of one section of PA-32 all the roads are open. We'll need to make a slight alteration to our route to account for the section of rte. 32 that is closed, but otherwise we're in great shape.

Of all the drives that I've done this route has to be my favorite... a nice combination of fast and slow sections - some roller-coaster climbs and descents and most fun of all the slamming side to side curves.

Lake Nockamixon was quiet and ready for our invasion.

The trees are starting to bud and many have flowers on them - the timing for the drive this year is just perfect, as it's really pretty out there right now.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:43 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Well, we had a great turnout today - 65 cars showed up at Lambertville this morning. We the exception of a small group we managed to keep everyone together. I was quite impressed to lose so few cars out of such a large group.

We had some fantastic cars show up and it was great to see everyone - the good weather brought out a nice array of convertibles and garage queens alike.

Thanks to all those who joined us from Long Island and Manhattan - it was great to have you with us - it always amazes me that you guys drive 3 hours to get to us, but we're glad that you do!

A big thank you to everyone who participated - I'll make a big plea - if you took photographs, please please please - I'd appreciate it if you could send copies to me for use on a website compilation of photos from the event. I'll also assemble a collage for use in our local PCA monthly magazine when I get around to writing up the review of the event. PM me and I'll give you an email address to send the photos to.

Please check out the thread in the 996 forum (link in my sig) to see some photos that I posted from today - more to follow as people send them to me (hint hint!)

Thanks again and I hope to see you all again soon!

Quick Reply: Time for a PA/NJ/NY Spring Fling?