Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If someone is looking for light track wheels (Kinesis K27 for sale)

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 31 Posts
Default If someone is looking for light track wheels (Kinesis K27 for sale)

I have a set of Kinesis K27's in 17x9 & 17x8 with Toyo R1's on them that I don't have any use for at the moment.

I don't know what the going price for such a set used is so I'm open to reasonable offers. (I'm not going to give them away)

The wheels show light wear on them but I would still rate them 9 out of 10.

More photos of the wheels here: http://m3supercar.1g.fi/kuvat/993/Kinesis-K27/

Thanks!

regards,

Juha
954.647.5015 / juha.granqvist@almaco.cc

Last edited by Juha G; 02-02-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:48 PM
early_grayce
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice wheels...
I know you're looking for offers, but is there any way you could give me an idea of how much you're thinking?
There are 4 for sale on Pelican asking $1375 including shipping

Thanks!
Rob
Old 02-02-2008, 07:21 PM
dave morris
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Juha,
Those are good wheels. Just hang onto them for the time being.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:27 PM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dave morris
Juha,
Those are good wheels. Just hang onto them for the time being.
I know, they are very good wheels!

The problem is that I just ordered a set of 18" BBS LM's for street use and I really don't have any use for these wheels, nor do I have space to store them.
The 993 came with two sets of 18" wheels (K28 & Turbo twists) that I'm using at the track and these 17" wheels were intended for street use...

I think $1500 for the wheels and $500 for tires would be fair.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:16 PM
pu911rsr
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Juha,
Do you know if these will fit on a 964.
Phil
Old 02-03-2008, 12:36 AM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Juha, Beautiful wheels!

However I must comment on your photograph of your car with the wheels, it shows dust spots on your camera's CCD. DSLRs will get dust inside more or less depending on how much you interchange lenses and the environment where you make the change. You have a couple of options:
1. Read up on the mirror lock-up feature in order to clean the sensor by first blowing some of the dust out of the mirror box with blower bulb or carefully with compressed air followed by a swipe with a sensor swab and solution or

2.Take it to the service center for cleaning this time and periodically thereafter.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pu911rsr
Juha,
Do you know if these will fit on a 964.
Phil
Yes, the offsets for 993 and 964 are same, I'm told.

Originally Posted by H.H.Chinn
Juha, Beautiful wheels!

However I must comment on your photograph of your car with the wheels, it shows dust spots on your camera's CCD. DSLRs will get dust inside more or less depending on how much you interchange lenses and the environment where you make the change. You have a couple of options:
1. Read up on the mirror lock-up feature in order to clean the sensor by first blowing some of the dust out of the mirror box with blower bulb or carefully with compressed air followed by a swipe with a sensor swab and solution or

2.Take it to the service center for cleaning this time and periodically thereafter.
I was actually going to send my frame to Canon to get it cleaned just before the holidays but they said it's going to be a two month wait. No way I'm going to be without my camera for two months. I was in Singapore two weeks ago and found a Canon shop that can do the cleaning operation whle I wait.
I'm heading there again (Singapore) next week, so I'll bring my 20d with me to get it cleaned. Plus threre's so much to photograph in Singapore...
Old 02-04-2008, 12:33 AM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Juha G
Yes, the offsets for 993 and 964 are same, I'm told.

I was actually going to send my frame to Canon to get it cleaned just before the holidays but they said it's going to be a two month wait. No way I'm going to be without my camera for two months. I was in Singapore two weeks ago and found a Canon shop that can do the cleaning operation whle I wait.
I'm heading there again (Singapore) next week, so I'll bring my 20d with me to get it cleaned. Plus threre's so much to photograph in Singapore...

I know what it's like to be without a camera body, I now have a couple spare
D2X's and I've also learned how to clean the sensor on my own which comes in handy especially when I'm out in a remote location, I don't have to rely on finding a shop I trust. I was recently traveling around Hong Kong and the New Territories in November and encountered a rather dusty factory shoot.

Quick Reply: If someone is looking for light track wheels (Kinesis K27 for sale)