Sponsored by:

Turbo S in LA 600 mi., $225K, no typos

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 09:13 PM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 797 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by Noah
I've never quite understood the idea of collecting cars that you don't drive. It seems paradoxical, like buying a television set that you never watch, or going to a fancy restaurant and ordering an expensive dinner that you'll just sit and stare at without eating.

But to each is own. Obviously, some people find great value in this.
I guess the value is in the ability to brag about it, just like owning a rare bottle of wine. I say open that **** up and enjoy it. Keep the bottle to show off.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:19 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey hey...yeah that 600miler i owned for a while. for anyone doubting the value of that car...i will say this, its without a doubt, if you love 993 turbo S's, the very nicest car on the planet. when i say flawless, i mean like the wheel wells have perfect, untouched cosmoline on them. i really loved owning it, but at some point i decided that if i wasnt going to use it, i was losing it. and so i unloaded a number of cars and now havea very limited, very nice collection of cars i dont mind driving, thoguh i never really toss on that many miles.

but that car is of an entirely DIFFERENT caliber than the truspeed seinfeldS, which fyi, i owned and sold to truspeed. the artic black 600 miler, which you can see photos of at www.911flatnose.com is the top of the heap, nothing superior. worth? price? i have no idea. but i know that 5k mile turbo S's 993s are 160 , 150ish. 600 mile car in THE color combo has to be worth a bunch more. i could see that car offered up in some auction one day at a big price. but i just didnt want a painting on the wall, so out it went. but dudes...car is sick. thats without a doubt the pure facts.

cobalt...glad you're enjoying/using that cover. ilike mine alot also when i'm not too lazy to zip it up.

Originally Posted by cobalt
Yes those were Steve's cars. Really nice guy and has had more cars in the past year than any of us would ever dream of owning. The 94 turbo S's he owned are long since gone along with several 993TTS's (Seinfeld's and this silver one) he also had 4 or 5 GT3RS's one in each color along with a gorgeous CGT in metallic black which I believe he sold recently.

Here is a picture of the Pearlescent white 94 turbo a very nice car but pure bling unlike my cobalt blue But my favorite was the green GT3RS.

I don't think he will mind if I post a few pictures.

For those of you laughing at the bubbles, Steve was kind enough to give me one and it has done a great job of keeping the car secure these winter months. I highly recommend it for long term storage but a PITA for short term.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:31 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just to clean up the chono/lift and times of this car, snce i know it well.
without discussing exact prices: i bot the car from RPM maybe 2 years ago, 18months, something like that. i owned it for w hile, did the "not going to use it, so lose it " thing despite how it being ridiculously nice. car went back to RPM who sold it to another good customer who i later became friendly with.
that dude went thru the same thing; he had a big collection, wanted this for it, bot it, then was going to drive it, he had another TS to drive and just stockpiled this thing, realized he didnt want to stock pile cars, and he sold it.

the dude who bot it from him gave him a deposit and failed to close the transaction. he asked for his deposit back and the owner told im he had to find another buyer, or atleast try. that is when all this stuff popped up all over the place, craigs list, and several other places.

it was funny because i knew none of this tilli got an unsolicited email from some dude with a photo saying "600mile Turbo S, best around, you've never had anything like this before, youwanna buy it?" a few calls later and thats when i figured it out. eventually the guy who bot from me gave back GuerillaMarketer his deposit and my buyer still owns the car outwest. I do not believe other than selling to me, buying it back and selling to the second buyer, that it went to anyone else. for his $5k deposit, the dude marketd the ***** out of that thing.

clean nice car. its been offered back to me since. i think it would trade right around 200. i just dont want to own a car i dont feel comfy driving and i have all i want right now. if anyone is so interested, let me know, and i can forward your info to the owner. nice fellow.

Originally Posted by curve lover
click for plenty photographs (from tradeManageLLC.com)

$229,000. Complete RPM ad:

634 miles; new; The rarest and lowest mileage 1997 Turbo S coupe finished in the much sough after arctic silver metallic paint with black interior. One of 182 manufactured in 1997 in the Porsche Exclusive program is the fastest air cooled Porsche ever built with a 0 to 60 of 3.7 seconds. .... special yellow brake calipers, heated seats, CD radio with Hi Fi sound package, litronic head lamps, 424 HP twin turbo engine, all books, records, and original window sticker. The underbody of this car has zero stain, corrosion or any evidence of any outside use whatsoever. Meticulously maintained by Protosport of NJ. Flawless and unblemished. A true collectors item that in the years ahead should continue to appreciate as the Turbo S becomes more difficult to find, let alone in this undisturbed condition. A complete manual/binder of the entire life history of the car; all servicing and ownership lineage. A rare investment. Might be the lowest mileage example in existence.

Sale price seems to include special hand waxing:

Quick Reply: Turbo S in LA 600 mi., $225K, no typos