Sponsored by: DashLynx

993 PPIs

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 02:10 PM
996FourEss
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 993 PPIs

All: first post to Rennlist although have been a long time and avid reader. I am looking to get my first Pcar, have always loved the 993s and now thinking about pulling the trigger. Couple of questions for those more experienced with these cars. Have a specific example I am looking at and just had a PPI performed on it.

Couple of issues:
- Car has been resprayed on one side due to front and rear three-quarter paint damage as well as door paint damage. No panel change required. PPI said no signs of structural damage although noted that the trim piece under the door on the same side was hanging. Should I be concerned with this indicating potentially something more major than just for example a bad experience parking next to a tree, etc.? Any other ways to check this?
- Second issue, dealer removed middle and rear engine covers before sending for PPI. Claimed that he did this to give the car a full detailing. Should I be concerned that this may have avoided the Porsche technician from potentially seeing signs of oil leakage in the covers?

Much appreciate any response here.

Quick Reply: 993 PPIs