Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

i might buy this car, anyone know anything about it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 02:19 AM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

And yet not one of you asked the most critical, deal making question.....
Was the engine tray on or off?
Old 01-22-2008, 03:47 AM
bmartini
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

guys trust me, as the only dude who inspected this pos, this is the living definition of garbage. the car used to be black and it's obvious, the dash is warped, door panels are on with electrical tape, broken door locks, pissing oil from both valve covers and both heat exchangers were soaked, no rubber trim, just black rtv silicone caulking put on by hand, every panel is wavy and dinged up and a different shade of yellow, wheels are fakes, major alignment issues, and not one single body panel has decent alignment. trunk lid, doors, deck lid, quarter panels and rest all have uneven, overlapping gaps. it looks like it was put together with glue and rope..... and i can go on and on and on.....

seller just wants to dump it. he knows it's junk. offer him anything if you really want this head ache.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:14 PM
911C2
Racer

I'd say it would be a pretty safe bet NO ONE on this forum is lookig to buy this... whatever it is. The shame is at some point in the past some Porsche workers built a great car, which later became this.
Moreover I for one am intrigued why one who claims has onwed 2 993's would initially cinsider this "thing" and after getting his head knocked off by this group is still pushing this thing.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:38 PM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by 911C2
The shame is at some point in the past some Porsche workers built a great car, which later became this.
I think that is the feeling of many here on this board.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:53 PM
WitchDoctor
Racer

Masochistic character is the common thread. Someone who knows 993's, yet would consider this thing, when the pain it will bring him is plain to see from photo #1. And posting about here, I guess, was only the appetizer to the main event.

So, I wonder, has razzing him made more or less likely to buy it?

He says he won't do it. Does that really mean he's less likely, or more likely to do it? Just think, if he really is a masochist, the shame and humiliation of just buying that after his shellacking here...just adds to the exquisite suffering the car will bring him when it becomes his very own.

-Brent
Old 01-22-2008, 01:59 PM
bmartini
Instructor

very funny. i'm NOT buying it (i promise), i already have my eye on another train wreck conversion i posted about in the 911 forum, except that thing, is done right IMHO.

And, the 993s I had were only worth around 25k. I can't spend 40 or 50k+ like most of you guys on a second car.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:05 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bmartini
okay sorry, i won't post here anymore. just wanted to get as much feedback as possible. thanks for your help so far.
but but but.... you promised to let this die... can't...
take...
this...
thread...
any longer....
Attached Images  
Old 01-22-2008, 02:34 PM
177mph
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by bmartini
well, the seller seems like a nice enough guy. he is meeting me halfway near my house so he's only about 10 minutes away. i'm gonna go check it out right now, i'll let you know my findings.
Was his name "royalty"?
Old 01-22-2008, 08:36 PM
911C2
Racer

A sadist and a masochist are walking down the street. The Masochist says to the sadist. Hit me.
The sadist says NO.

this is what this thread makes me think of.

Man you are taking it in the chin here and on the 911 forum. No one who is on the PORSCHE forum thinks these cars should be butchered.
Wanna add a SC, lets talk, adding a better suspension set up, great we all want to know about it.
But NO ONE wants to talk about some butchered cars.
OK we have all suggested DONT BUY It. is that not what you were asking. YOu have an answer.
Next.

Quick Reply: i might buy this car, anyone know anything about it?