Destruction of jobs and economies by cheap imports
Military aggression and support for terrorism
China's malevolent influence around the world
Forced Abortions, birth control and sterilisations
Religious Persecution
Animal Cruelty
Forced labour
Occupation of Tibet
Occupation of Uighuristan (East Turkestan)
Repression of Political & Civic Freedom
Psychiatric abuse
Denial of Workers Rights
Harvesting and Sale of Body Parts
Support for Burmese military dictatorship
You forgot

the manufacture of lead paint toys
inferior latex condoms
un authorize distribution of copyright materials........
oh and they fact that they can't make a decent car.......

Oh yeah and forget there is about a hundred things that you are unaware of...in your house....that were made in China.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:55 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by fb47243
How about for starters:

Torture and Mis-treatment of prisoners
Military aggression and support for terrorism ...
The word "principal" would have sufficed. Heck, I'm no fan of China, Inc. either, but I'm a realist. At any rate, it seems to be a moot point.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:12 PM
99three
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fb47243
How about for starters:

Torture and Mis-treatment of prisoners
Military aggression and support for terrorism
China's malevolent influence around the world
Forced Abortions, birth control and sterilisations
Religious Persecution
Animal Cruelty
Forced labour
Occupation of Tibet
Occupation of Uighuristan (East Turkestan)
Repression of Political & Civic Freedom
Psychiatric abuse
Denial of Workers Rights
Harvesting and Sale of Body Parts
Support for Burmese military dictatorship
BIG + 100
Nothing moot about these points…all true. Remember, we all have a choice. I for one always check the manufacture before purchasing. In reality, how much more can it cost and what are you actually saving if it isn't safe or you have to buy another one since it was a piece of crap to begin with? Think about it.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:42 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

No, it's a moot point because apparently they make all their products in the U.S.

Not much point ranting about China in this thread.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:56 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,165 Likes on 574 Posts

Originally Posted by TheOtherEric
Gotcha. I simply don't think it's relevant. Somebody in PA can make a mistake as easily as someone in China and how long it takes Fabspeed to work out a bug means nothing to us.

The more relevant question is: Does Fabspeed have decent quality control?
Eric,

Let's say a customer gets an exhaust piece and it does not fit. The company says no problem I will send you another. The replacement doesn't fit. No problem send another. Perhaps this time it fits. The company has no idea which piece is fitting correctly since the production jig is on another continent. The customer is out hours of time and money for getting the pieces changed out numerous times. There are many people who have gone thru this on the 993tt board.

I also have a hard time believing that a company is doing in-house volume manufacturing using a handful of table top (hobbyist grade) Miller Welders.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:11 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks for the weight clarification. I have had Fabspeed products in everyone of my Porsches and have always been satisfied.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:36 PM
John@Fabspeed
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

[QUOTE=eclou;4995908]Eric,

Let's say a customer gets an exhaust piece and it does not fit. The company says no problem I will send you another. The replacement doesn't fit. No problem send another. Perhaps this time it fits. The company has no idea which piece is fitting correctly since the production jig is on another continent. The customer is out hours of time and money for getting the pieces changed out numerous times. There are many people who have gone thru this on the 993tt board. QUOTE]

Eclou WE'VE HAD NO PROBLEMS FITTING THE 993TT SPORTCAT/CATBYPASS pipes on ANY/ALL 993TT vehicles where installment was at Fabspeed. For those who are not mechanically inclined and could not get the pipes to fit, let the doctor's do the surgery. I understand that some were having fitment problems, this is why we manufactured a "Modular Sportcat/Catbypass" system. We at Fabspeed want our products to be easily installed by anybody, even those who have no prior knowledge on how to install anything.
Eclou I also included photos of our production jig for the old 993TT Catbypass/Sportcat system. I know that this is not the TT section but everyone can thank Eclou for the deviation.
P.S. the second photo contains a cell phone image of the time and date so that you can't reply in 5 minutes that is was an old photo.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:06 PM
DB_NC_95C2
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

someone say China and rant in the same post ?
grrrrrr
Porsche OEM parts (Porsche part number, Porsche part) are made in China now, and according my local shop owner and chief tech, as one would expect, they suck.

I could spend the next 20 minutes ranting about China, but earlier posts have done a very good job. IF I had the opportunity, I would never buy a single thing made there. At times, I look, if I see China I find another product or part.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Shizznik
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow......this thread has gone bananas...........now we're supporting tyranical societies because someone "may" have stuff manufactured in a country other than the US? All I wanted to know is if the exhaust systems were good and of good quality, and seeing everyones post, I would say it looks pretty OK to me, so thanks to all the guys who posted stuff that just dealt with the issue and didn't go on some weird diatribes...............
Old 01-17-2008, 07:08 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by eclou
I also have a hard time believing that a company is doing in-house volume manufacturing using a handful of table top (hobbyist grade) Miller Welders.
I agree. If in fact the posted photos are meant to show their manufacturing facility....

My very simple question still remains unanswered. Surely Fabspeed's responder has followed this thread?

The reason for my question was to gain clarity after reading conflicting comments over the last few years.

Andreas
Old 01-17-2008, 08:31 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by TheOtherEric
Outstanding post! That's the most detailed and useful compilation of weights I've ever seen posted. Major kudos.

For sure, some of these configs can't be used on the street (too loud) so I've taken the liberty of identifying them.
Green = Ok for street. Red = No street, track only.
On what measure do you base "can't be used on the street (too loud)"?
Old 01-17-2008, 08:33 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by eclou
Quality control. If you fabricate in house, errors can be identified by yourself and adjustments made immediately. If you don't make things in house, problems get identified by your customers, then you need to call someone 13 hours difference in time zone to try to identify the problem.
HUH? Contract manufacturing with quality control has been around for a looooong time!
Old 01-17-2008, 08:40 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

If I had only known that Joe was responsible for the problems in Tibet, I would never have purchased all of the Fabspeed products that I have been completley satisfied with over the years. Damn, it is good to finally find such important information AGAIN on this Forum!
Old 01-17-2008, 09:33 PM
melman911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If I had only known that Joe was responsible for the problems in Tibet, I would never have purchased all of the Fabspeed products that I have been completley satisfied with over the years. Damn, it is good to finally find such important information AGAIN on this Forum
Easy Bob. Don't want you to lose you position in the HWFM racing elite. What makes this forum great is the ability to voice your opinion and be heard (how ever stupid that may be). Embrace your right and watch where you step.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:00 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by melman911
........ What makes this forum great is the ability to voice your opinion and be heard (how ever stupid that may be). Embrace your right and watch where you step.
Thank you! Exactly what I did here and will continue to do. Can't tell you how much I appreciate your concern.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Products vs. Stock