Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Neurotic Seller Story - UPDATED

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 12:08 AM
lucycan
Rennlist Member

Received 478 Likes on 227 Posts

Guys, I am not going to reveal the seller. Its just not right.

I really don't think he is hiding anything. By all accounts this is an excellent car. I think he just decided he doesn't want to sell. And thats fine. Its just that then he turns it around and tells me I am wasting HIS time. Then he harasses me. I think he is just neurotic.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:29 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 4,808 Likes on 1,715 Posts

Jason, I agree that you should keep the seller's name confidential. Revealing it would be in bad taste if you ask me.

Notwithstanding, what a crackerjack! Keep looking, I'm sure the right car will come along soon enough.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:37 AM
wayne993
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonVW
Guys, I am not going to reveal the seller. Its just not right.

I really don't think he is hiding anything. By all accounts this is an excellent car. I think he just decided he doesn't want to sell. And thats fine. Its just that then he turns it around and tells me I am wasting HIS time. Then he harasses me. I think he is just neurotic.
Nawwww, you got it all wrong.

With the writers strike, and all the crap on TV, and nothing to do all day,
you're providing him entertainment.

Oh, that and he wants to hide something that the PPI will reveal.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:46 AM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

The guy's a nutter.
Find another one.
Good luck.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:04 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 853 Likes on 435 Posts

Sounds like a mental case. You're MUCH better off not getting this car. You're supposed to "buy the seller" and this seller is a dolt.

Keep looking. I've been where you are 3 times over and then eventually, when I was at my wits end and totally sick of looking, I found my current 2 cars. This can be a frustrating process when you deal with a seller like this. I bought my last car (my daily driver BMW 740i) without a PPI as the seller, a Lexus dealer in Washington State wouldn't allow it! I was really pissed, but I had another bimmerboard member look at it for me and he said it was primo. I trusted his opinion and it happened to work out beautifully.

Good luck,
Steve
Old 01-17-2008, 01:22 AM
Tim993
Addict
Rennlist Member

In the voice of the Youtube Brittney defender, "LEAVE JASONVW ALONE, HE DOESN'T WANT TO BUY YOUR CAR!". I think I spend too much time on the Internet.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:28 AM
rmauro
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

To quote Mark in Baltimore- "if everything you are saying is true....... there are two sides to every story."
Lets set the record straight- I have sold 5 P cars in the last 5 years 07 GT3 and 04GT3 both sold without even an inspection/ 3 other P cars all of which were bought by out of town buyers who PPI cars BUT WERE THERE PHYSICALLY as SERIOUS INTERESTED buyers.

I never said all RLers are a--------. Yes I dont have 450 posts in 3 months and never owned a P car and come across as an expert. I will put up my email to Jason as proof- so why did he say this. To incite this group for sympathy? I did say that with the internet as a shield there are sooooo many more tire kickers and time wasters posing as serious buyers who could not get away with this crap physically at a P dealer.

Jason was not given the run around as he says just bc I wont take a deposit which is meaningless in the car biz and is always refundable regardless. Also Jason did not offer me asking price- I would not accept his initial offer.

Why does Jasons friend from Ca. email me for pics, info and want to know best price when his friend is in the middle of a deal- something fishy here! So, I called the owner of the last car Jason PPI in Omaha and the seller felt his time was completely wasted, given no reason for the failed purchase, and was stiffed for the PPI. So I told J to fly to Florida with $ and come and see drive touch this car and we could go forward if so interested- and not rely on others evaluations or opinions as to condition- if you cant find the time to physically inspect the car you want to buy and be present during a PPI ?? I have the right to ? your sincerity regardless of a deposit. In the end most anything wrong from a PPI can be fixed- these are only cars! Also I was to have the car PPI without Jason and wait two weeks for him to come and do a physical inspection post passed PPI.

This car was for sale in 2006 only as personal circumstances dictated reductionof my car colllection but I sold a GT3 instead as no deal panned out- I did have two RL contact me in 07 from an old Pano magazine from 06 but the car wasnt for sale.

This car is seriously for sale as I have lost interest in it- that plain and simple and I still have one other P car plus many others.

This is the other side of the story the whole truth and nothing but......
Old 01-17-2008, 09:42 AM
Garth S
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonVW
Guys, I am not going to reveal the seller. Its just not right. .
+1 ....
Old 01-17-2008, 09:51 AM
95FL993CAB
Three Wheelin'

[QUOTE=rmauro;This is the other side of the story the whole truth and nothing but......[/QUOTE]

Who has the drinks?
Ron
Old 01-17-2008, 09:52 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rmauro
To quote Mark in Baltimore- "if everything you are saying is true....... there are two sides to every story."......
I think you left out the rest of Mark's quote:

"...it's ludicrous for the sellers to not permit a PPI. Of course a buyer is going to wonder what they're hiding. I don't care how busy you're are; if you want to sell a car, do what you need to do to make a nicer buyer happy, unless, of course, you want to remain nthe owner of the car."

I wouldn't buy a car without a PPI and wouldn't expect anyone to buy one of my cars without one either. Get real!
Old 01-17-2008, 10:05 AM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In the end most anything wrong from a PPI can be fixed- these are only cars!
So you're OK if he comes back to you with a $12K top-end rebuild bill? It's just money, right?

I bought my car out of town: Negotiated politely (no spinless "best price" BS). I sent a deposit, yes, which is technically refundible, but a PITA. Regardless, an important show of good faith which shouldn't be so cavalierly brushed aside. I had it PPIed locally and paid for it out of pocket. I sent a wire transfer and had it shipped the next day.

So frikkin' sorry I didn't come and bow down before the seller in person. I was watching my brand-new baby. How does that make me any less "serious" than someone with more time on his hands? Most of the RLers I know work serious, compelling jobs and they can't just fly away to check out a car. Besides, you'll need the PPI anyway which is more objective and less emotional than what even the best buyer can perform.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:06 AM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much does a flight from Minneapolis to Florida cost? I wouldn't buy any car that I haven't seen.....
Old 01-17-2008, 10:15 AM
rmauro
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

That is correct if I found out my car needed a 12K rebuild I wouldnt be happy but.... . Regardless of the buyer or not I would bite the bullet and send it to the best shop I know in Connecticut to fix it. No one is disputing a PPI- you guys should reread the post- I just believe the buyer should be there- my opinion I am entitled to.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:33 AM
aperalta
Instructor

That is correct if I found out my car needed a 12K rebuild I wouldnt be happy but.... . Regardless of the buyer or not I would bite the bullet and send it to the best shop I know in Connecticut to fix it. No one is disputing a PPI- you guys should reread the post- I just believe the buyer should be there- my opinion I am entitled to.
IMHO this comes down to FLEXIBILITY on buyers and sellers part. My Pcar was delivered from the midwest and the seller and I had agreed that if the car was not delivered as he had stated (condition, etc. etc.) AND my PPI mechanic did not give the green light, seller would take car back and refund deposit. The caveat of course being I had to pay for shipping back to midwest, but hey---better than being stuck with a $60K car you don't want. Luckily all worked out well. As a seller, I would know everything about my Pcar for sale and confident enough to have any mechanic look it over(at buyers cost). Just my .02.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:39 AM
lucycan
Rennlist Member

Received 478 Likes on 227 Posts

To quote Mark in Baltimore- "if everything you are saying is true....... there are two sides to every story."
Lets set the record straight- I have sold 5 P cars in the last 5 years 07 GT3 and 04GT3 both sold without even an inspection/ 3 other P cars all of which were bought by out of town buyers who PPI cars BUT WERE THERE PHYSICALLY as SERIOUS INTERESTED buyers.

I never said all RLers are a--------. Yes I dont have 450 posts in 3 months and never owned a P car and come across as an expert. I will put up my email to Jason as proof- so why did he say this. To incite this group for sympathy? I did say that with the internet as a shield there are sooooo many more tire kickers and time wasters posing as serious buyers who could not get away with this crap physically at a P dealer.

Jason was not given the run around as he says just bc I wont take a deposit which is meaningless in the car biz and is always refundable regardless. Also Jason did not offer me asking price- I would not accept his initial offer.

Why does Jasons friend from Ca. email me for pics, info and want to know best price when his friend is in the middle of a deal- something fishy here! So, I called the owner of the last car Jason PPI in Omaha and the seller felt his time was completely wasted, given no reason for the failed purchase, and was stiffed for the PPI. So I told J to fly to Florida with $ and come and see drive touch this car and we could go forward if so interested- and not rely on others evaluations or opinions as to condition- if you cant find the time to physically inspect the car you want to buy and be present during a PPI ?? I have the right to ? your sincerity regardless of a deposit. In the end most anything wrong from a PPI can be fixed- these are only cars! Also I was to have the car PPI without Jason and wait two weeks for him to come and do a physical inspection post passed PPI.

This car was for sale in 2006 only as personal circumstances dictated reductionof my car colllection but I sold a GT3 instead as no deal panned out- I did have two RL contact me in 07 from an old Pano magazine from 06 but the car wasnt for sale.

This car is seriously for sale as I have lost interest in it- that plain and simple and I still have one other P car plus many others.

This is the other side of the story the whole truth and nothing but......
First of all it doesn't matter (to me) how many cars you have sold. You refused to sell me this one after I offered you full asking price. Then you call me a tire kicker?? Not sure what else I could have done.

It is MY policy (and many others, I believe) to have a local person inspect the car and then get a PPI. THEN to come see it. Why? Cause it roots out bad cars (and in this case bad sellers). To me a flight from MSP and my time is more expensive than a PPI.

You refused a PPI from your OWN MECHANIC? Why?

Richard loves to call me a geek/nerd/lose/whatever because I have 450 post since I joined not long ago. Thats fine. Im trying to get an education. Call it what you will. But regardless, get a new line because that one's getting old.

If you check Richards post (as he did to me and likes to email friend of mine ON this list!) you will see THIS car was for sale in 2004, 2006, 2007, and now 2008.

Again he has SO MUCH TIME on his hands he calls a seller of a car I passed on because it was a track car (and told him as such and offered to pay for the PPI)? But has no time to get a PPI. Hmmmmmmm.

Richard NEVER said he would give me a PPI if I were simply present. In fact, since he mechanic is 2 weeks out I offered to BE present at the PPI.

He said that he would NOT take the car for a PPI. Plain and simple.

He offered that I should come down and SEE if for myself to which I countered that would be a continued waste of my time since he would not offer a PPI.

Quick Reply: Neurotic Seller Story - UPDATED