Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Portland Seattle Vancouver itinerary

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 03:51 PM
MDamen
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're looking into High Schools in the Seattle area, I have to put in a big plug for the Northshore School District and INglemoor High School. Only High School in the state to get a nationla Blue Ribbon rating. Northshore School District is the the north part of the Eastside (Woodinville, Kenmore, Bothell area). I've had two kids go through the school and feel very good about the public education they've received. As mentioned, the Eastside is the burbs for Seattle. Home to Microsoft and Seahawks headquarters.

The Eastside also has a fair number of wineries. If you are into that sort of stuff, check out St. Michelle and Columibia wineries and Red Hook brewery. They are within walking distance of each other in Woodinville.

If you're into aircraft, the Museum of Flight is a must see. It's a great way to spend a wet afternoon.
The outdoor sculpture park downtown is also nice for a stroll and it is free.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:34 PM
bluejam
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on Hood River. A great afternoon drive to "see it all", is a loop. Take I84 east through the Columbia River Gorge to Hood River. Take Hwy 35 up to Mt Hood to Hwy 26. This will loop you around Mt Hood and back into Portland. Should take about 4-5 hrs...A dream drive that reminds me of Austria.
As for real estate, it is spendy as all west coast cities but better than most.
Hope you don't mind rain!
The way we forcast weather here is, "If you can see Mt Hood, it's going to rain...If you can't see it, it's raining." Probably the same with Seattle but with Mt Ranier.
But the summers are worth every drop!
Good luck to you.

Last edited by bluejam; 01-11-2008 at 04:36 PM. Reason: add a word
Old 01-11-2008, 04:43 PM
jimhsu
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bluejam
But the summers are worth every drop!
WHY you have to go and blurb the greatest secret virtue of living in the Northwest?? Now everyone will find out.

Quick Reply: OT: Portland Seattle Vancouver itinerary