Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

GROUP BUY - Carnewal P93 M033 Suspension Package with Bilstein HD shocks - setup 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 06:41 AM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by 993MAN
All I know is this......a few months ago I was in contact with Gert and he is very good to deal with and always answered my stupid questions. This mod is the best you can do for your 993. The car handles wayyyyyyyyy better and feels so much better in general, while still remaining relativley comfortable (on our crap roads at least)
Forget the exchange rates guys and go for it! You will wonder why you have been putting up with the stock set up for so long.
By the way, I had the kit in 3 days to me here in NZ.
Wouldn't your car already have had the ROW MO33 stock? Do Cars sold in New Zealand come with USA ride heights?
Old 01-04-2008, 08:09 AM
Marlon
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Viper Bob 'deal' sounds pretty good...he was running an M030 special on Ebay with shocks, springs & sways for pretty cheap though. We should check that again since it might make more financial sense to do the M030??? Just a thought.

Originally Posted by Falcondrivr
Just got a response from ViperBob:
"Hi Rick,

We can do $1450 for the HDs(30mm extra threaded fronts) springs and no
sways. Or $1950 with sways / bushings and drop links for C2s or $1800 for
C4s. All prices are plus shipping. I can do this for M033 or M030. M033
setups will require shipping of springs from Germany so it will take a
little time (usually 1-2 weeks). The M030 stuff is in stock and can ship
same day. New plastic bits for the front struts run $15 for all needed
parts. Minimum 10 orders (they can just call here. No one would need to do
any other work). Pricing good through 1/31.

One thing to remember here, you do NOT have any Bilstein warranty on any
shocks purchased outside the US."

I think it looks pretty good. Freddy let us know as soon as you hear from Gert. That last sentence is a factor for me though.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:48 AM
Freddy
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 9 Posts

Good morning folks!!

Just got Gert's answer... the savings would be quite good for the set... We would be saving Euro230 on the listed price getting the kit for Euro945 + shipping instead of Euro1,175 + shipping...

The savings on shipping all sets together is far from what I thought, so it is wiser to get each kit shipped to the buyer directly... so all we need is to get 10 Rennlisters together and get this deal done for us.

I am in!

For those with extra time for reading please find bellow Gert's email to me:

Hi Freddy,

Let me start by saying that the European list price for these parts is 1410 Euro.

Just that you know where we are starting from J.

The best group buy price that I can offer for 9 or more participants for the M033 springs with Bilstein HD shocks of which the fronts have extra threads , also know as P93105/setup 2 is 945 Euro + shipping.

For those interested, we can include the Front Protection Bar at a discounted price of 80 Euro

Shipping cost for an individual kit to the US with Fedex is 105 Euro, (crazy fuel surcharge included)

The other option is to ship one parcel with all the kits to one address in the US.

In that case the shipping becomes 720 Euro for the 9 kits.(=80 Euro/kit) .

Downside is, that the receiver needs to collect the payments from the participants and once the parcel arrives in the US, every kit needs to be shipped out individually which causes a lot of work and also an extra shipping cost. Given the “little” difference of 25 Euro, it might be better that I do all the work and ship every kit individually directly to the participants.
Another advantage is that you can include customers from the RoW in the group buy.
For these, the shipping cost to their country can be calculated.

To answer your other question : We can only charge in Euro. So the final charge on the card in Dollar depends on the Euro/Dollar exchange rate of the day that your card company converts the charge.

Also important to mention to anyone interested is that US Customs can charge the US import duty.
This is between 2.5 and 3% of the value of the goods + $5 handling fee.

But I guess that most Rennlisters already know this as it was discussed on the forums numerous times.

Keep me posted.

Thank you,

Gert.

I think it is a good opportunity to get this setup and that it is something to do right now without waiting someone collecting the parts from different sources and receiving the kit at home with no need to get someone doing extra shipments, etc... overall it is an easy way to get the kit for a good discount.

Cheers,

Freddy
Old 01-04-2008, 10:53 AM
Freddy
Racer

Hi Marlon,

The reason I am not willing to go with the M030 setup is that I do not want my car with the stiffer ride you get with these springs... all I want is to get rid of the SUV look at the fenders I have now with the extra possibility of adjusting the height whenever I want...

Best,

Freddy
Old 01-04-2008, 12:22 PM
ONEOFEW
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

I am definitely interested in a set.

But how do I know my US spec 993 has M030 or the M032 ?
I looked on the option code list and there is no specific mention of either.
What exactly am I looking for on the option sticker?
Will it actually indicate M030 or M032?
Thanks in advance
Steve
Old 01-04-2008, 02:16 PM
Freddy
Racer

Bump...

Good morning folks!!

Just got Gert's answer... the savings would be quite good for the set... We would be saving Euro230 on the listed price getting the kit for Euro945 + shipping instead of Euro1,175 + shipping...

The savings on shipping all sets together is far from what I thought, so it is wiser to get each kit shipped to the buyer directly... so all we need is to get 10 Rennlisters together and get this deal done for us.

I am in!

For those with extra time for reading please find bellow Gert's email to me:

Hi Freddy,

Let me start by saying that the European list price for these parts is 1410 Euro.

Just that you know where we are starting from J.

The best group buy price that I can offer for 9 or more participants for the M033 springs with Bilstein HD shocks of which the fronts have extra threads , also know as P93105/setup 2 is 945 Euro + shipping.

For those interested, we can include the Front Protection Bar at a discounted price of 80 Euro

Shipping cost for an individual kit to the US with Fedex is 105 Euro, (crazy fuel surcharge included)

The other option is to ship one parcel with all the kits to one address in the US.

In that case the shipping becomes 720 Euro for the 9 kits.(=80 Euro/kit) .

Downside is, that the receiver needs to collect the payments from the participants and once the parcel arrives in the US, every kit needs to be shipped out individually which causes a lot of work and also an extra shipping cost. Given the “little” difference of 25 Euro, it might be better that I do all the work and ship every kit individually directly to the participants.
Another advantage is that you can include customers from the RoW in the group buy.
For these, the shipping cost to their country can be calculated.

To answer your other question : We can only charge in Euro. So the final charge on the card in Dollar depends on the Euro/Dollar exchange rate of the day that your card company converts the charge.

Also important to mention to anyone interested is that US Customs can charge the US import duty.
This is between 2.5 and 3% of the value of the goods + $5 handling fee.

But I guess that most Rennlisters already know this as it was discussed on the forums numerous times.

Keep me posted.

Thank you,

Gert.

I think it is a good opportunity to get this setup and that it is something to do right now without waiting someone collecting the parts from different sources and receiving the kit at home with no need to get someone doing extra shipments, etc... overall it is an easy way to get the kit for a good discount.

Cheers,

Freddy
Old 01-04-2008, 03:03 PM
rsa964
Instructor

Default group buy

945 euro + 80 euro shipping if to one person + 3% custom + $5 = ~$1600 USD + shipping again from the one person to each one in the group buy

Or $1450 from ViperBob + shipping?

Looks to be less thru ViperBob and there is no warranty problem as alluded to in another post? Did I miss something?
Old 01-04-2008, 03:13 PM
sdcabrio
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I realize I'm pretty new here, but I just don't think the deal from Gert is that fantastic. If my math is correct, 945 euros = $1399. Add shipping from Europe and I would guess you're over $1500 bucks.

My thinking right now is that I'll go with Eibach or H&R springs and the longer threaded Bilstein HD's. I will also have the Bilstein warranty here in the US.

Anybody want to exand on Eibach vs. H&R? I have had great luck numerous times on BMWs with a Eibach/Bilstein setup.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:14 PM
sdcabrio
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I type slower than rsa964
Old 01-04-2008, 03:46 PM
TAI2
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ViperBob sounds like it will be a better deal. Approx $1500 if shipping is $50 so we save approx. $100 and we avoid the warr. issue. Don't forget that many US credit card companies charge an addtional 2-3% for "international" transactions. Just got back from Canada and Chase/VISA got me for an additional 3% for purchases made in Canada.

Tom
Old 01-04-2008, 06:37 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

1025 euro is $1510 usd. Viperbob is cheaper, plus each of us can choose MO33 or MO30 as we see fit. The warranty issue is kind of a biggy with me too.
I'm in for the buy from ViperBob, have to pass from Gert right now.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:26 PM
glover
Track Day

Default Glove

Please just let me add one point to this discussion. You can do what I did and buy the complete MO33 kit (springs and socks) from Sunset Porsche for $732.32. That is what I paid back in July (may cost a little bit more now). And no it does not have the Bilstein HD's, however, the car rides good and handles great. Two Porsche service reps drove the car and were impressed. Talk to Phil Coy at Sunset Porsche to get the best price and tell him Curtis sent you.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Mark Harris
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by glover
Please just let me add one point to this discussion. You can do what I did and buy the complete MO33 kit (springs and socks) from Sunset Porsche for $732.32. That is what I paid back in July (may cost a little bit more now). And no it does not have the Bilstein HD's, however, the car rides good and handles great. Two Porsche service reps drove the car and were impressed. Talk to Phil Coy at Sunset Porsche to get the best price and tell him Curtis sent you.
The Sunset price you quoted was still the same when I called them about this on Nov. 11th. FWIW the part number on that package is 000.044.500.00.

I've been in the debating society way too long on this mod/impovement/necessity and because I can't resist the VB group buy on the M033/Bilstein HD package I have decided to schedule a sit down with the wife
Old 01-04-2008, 07:54 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by glover
Great point!

However, I am still going the Bilstein route. The extra threads on the front struts allow for a bit lower ride height...
Old 01-04-2008, 07:55 PM
quasr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Viper Bob

I recently picked up a set of Bilstein HD shock, M030 springs, sway bars and drop links from Viper Bob. I believe it was right at $2k. I am very happy with the parts and Viper Bob answered several telephone calls from me regarding installation. Great guy. I hope you guys give him a chance on the pricing. I am sure he can work up a great deal. By the way, the car handles better than new with the above setup. Best of luck!

Quick Reply: GROUP BUY - Carnewal P93 M033 Suspension Package with Bilstein HD shocks - setup 2