Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wont start after washing..

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 07:08 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I can't believe how finicky the C4S is to water entry of any kind.......washing, leaving it in the rain all day, etc. Has the factory delivered Turbo S Aerokit spoiler. Almost always get a CEL random misfire. Drag out the scantool to reset..... Worse than Webers pre-rainshield!

None of my 964's with whatever spoiler, nor the '95 belch and spit from water in the intake.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by race911
I can't believe how finicky the C4S is to water entry of any kind.......washing, leaving it in the rain all day, etc. Has the factory delivered Turbo S Aerokit spoiler. Almost always get a CEL random misfire. Drag out the scantool to reset..... Worse than Webers pre-rainshield!

None of my 964's with whatever spoiler, nor the '95 belch and spit from water in the intake.
As mentioned before, have you checked the distributors for moisture etc? Being affected by rainfall is not normal, these cars should run fine in very heavy rains.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 01-01-2008, 10:51 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike J
As mentioned before, have you checked the distributors for moisture etc? Being affected by rainfall is not normal, these cars should run fine in very heavy rains.

Cheers,

Mike
Runs fine in heaviest Northern California rains once the initial clear-the-water-out-of the-air-intake happens. NOT a distributor issue.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:59 AM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by race911
Runs fine in heaviest Northern California rains once the initial clear-the-water-out-of the-air-intake happens. NOT a distributor issue.
...you get water in your air intake? What are you running for your intake filter, stock or ??

Cheers,

Mike

Quick Reply: Wont start after washing..