993 Forum 1995-1998

Recirculating Air

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 05:09 PM
jhummel68
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Andre,
I see the different part #'s for LHD & RHD. I would think that connecting arm you are looking for may have fallen down into the center section. You may need to access the center console just forward of where the OBD plugs in. When reinstalling the "button" on mine, I dropped it and that is where it went. I am assuming the evaporator box has never been out. This actuator sticks out and could get caught on something during the reinstall. If you can't find the arm you may want to try a salvage yard to see if they have one. That would really suck, having to take the whole piece (part 41) out and replacing with a new one. Good luck.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:51 PM
ace993t
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks again for the advice, at least you are confirming to me that there is a connection to those flaps from the vacuum actuator, if I cant locate the arm either in my car or at a breakers I may be able to fix something up. Looks like I am in for the complete weekend on this one, will let you know how I get on.

Andre

PS anyone out there taking their Radio out, please post a shot of the area behind if you dont mind. Thanks
Old 01-03-2011, 08:46 PM
sramdeen
Track Day

Andre, I have just come across the exact same problem in my '95 UK C2 with AC. There is no linkage between the actuator and the two flaps. Did you manage to track down the correct part? I believe my car had extensive work done to its A/C system before I bought it so I'm guessing it was misplaced then. I'm going to take the centre console side panels off just in case it's slipped down there somewhere.

Thanks

Stuart
Old 01-11-2011, 05:58 AM
sramdeen
Track Day

I took the centre console out but the part wasn't there. I managed to source the linkage from a salvage yard and what a joy it was to fit!!! :-( Removing the CCU and radio is a must. The only thing I'm missing now is the black plastic rivet/button that connects the vacuum actuator's arm to the black plastic lever which in turn moves the metal mechanism to open/close the two internal air flaps. I've used a cable tie for now and it works ok but I would like to source the correct part. It doesn't seem to be in PET so I may have to try another scrappy.

Quick Reply: Recirculating Air