Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Recirculating Air

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 04:07 PM
GeoT3
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I remember correctly. The fresh air vent servo opens fully when the ignition is on... and closes fully when you turn off the ignition. Kind of makes sense as you would want to keep any outside air from entering into the cabin while the car is parked and fresh air when ignition is on - driving.

my was stuck half way... my heat would never get hot enough in the winter time and the air cond. would never get cool enough in the summer.

This is a very hard working servo. It operates every time you turn on and off the ignition.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:49 PM
ace993t
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, looked under the dash, yes, looks like something not connected to what looks like a small ball joint?? Its very tight up in there, and I cant see what would connect to it, nothing moves when I engage the recirculating air switch. Will try to take some photos..

I get fresh air all the time, except (I Think) when the A/C is full on (this is when the flap closes via the lever in my second pic, I assume).

Funny, when I turn my heat up full it smells like a grandads old tobacco pipe, or is it his socks??
Old 01-06-2008, 05:55 PM
ace993t
Track Day

George - this is the servo in my second pic?

Mar, cant find a 'third' pipe in that area, you sure you have a black pipe connected to that rubber tube on the valve in my pic (circled red and labelled 2)??

Andre
Old 01-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Marlon
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Andre - yes, my white and blck pipes are connected to the same valve via separate rubber connectors. But I have a second black pipe that comes out of the wiring harness and it connects to 'nothing'. Maybe it' s supposed to not connect to anything???

Originally Posted by ace993t
George - this is the servo in my second pic?

Mar, cant find a 'third' pipe in that area, you sure you have a black pipe connected to that rubber tube on the valve in my pic (circled red and labelled 2)??

Andre
Old 01-11-2008, 12:01 AM
ace993t
Track Day

Guys, as yet I have not had a chance to have another look at the above fault on my car. However I have come across this article which looks useful..
http://p-car.com/diy/acdiag.html

Andre
Old 01-11-2008, 03:23 PM
Marlon
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ace993t
Guys, as yet I have not had a chance to have another look at the above fault on my car. However I have come across this article which looks useful..
http://p-car.com/diy/acdiag.html

Andre
Excellente - will check it tomorrow!
Old 01-11-2008, 06:00 PM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Andre that link identified exactly what is amiss in my car's HVAC system. Plan to double check for a dead servo again this weekend as I wasn't able to isolate the specific servo last time I looked under there. Good luck with yours as well!
Old 01-11-2008, 06:25 PM
ace993t
Track Day

Originally Posted by 2ndof2
Andre that link identified exactly what is amiss in my car's HVAC system. Plan to double check for a dead servo again this weekend as I wasn't able to isolate the specific servo last time I looked under there. Good luck with yours as well!
Thanks, going to have another look this weekend, already booked the Osteopath for Monday morning.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:41 PM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

Received 385 Likes on 244 Posts

A more complete DIY AC check list is found here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/351059-complete-a-c-diagnosis.html

Regards, Tore
Old 01-23-2008, 08:06 AM
ace993t
Track Day

OK have cracked it, looks like everything is working as it should. When I switch recirculating on the switch in the airvalve passes the vacuum through to the actuator under my dashboard. This is verified with the tests suggested above (ie unplug the hoses and check for vacuum, wet finger is good but I could feel a strong suck without, so happy I dont have a leak either.) I simply unplugged the white pipe, no vacuum with switch off and vacuum with switch on. Moving to under the dash the white pipe is connected to the actuator, when recirculating switch is pressed on and off the actuator moves in and out as indicated in my photo. Right job done?? NO!! The connector between this actuator and the air flap under the dash is missing and I cant find a part number for it. It must have been taken off or broken before I got the car, but it still makes me wonder why the white pipe was disconected and plugged!

Anyone have any idea what part I need? I cant see the item on PET, illustration 813-05 the flap (no 41) looks to have the actuator attached, or am I way out here?

Help!
Old 01-30-2008, 05:33 PM
ace993t
Track Day

Hi,

Can anyone help or throw some light on the part as above?

Thanks
Old 04-21-2009, 07:45 PM
ace993t
Track Day

Hi,

Has anyone got a photo of the bits behind the radio/ ac unit in the dash. the part I am after lurks here, needs to be 993 air con model...anyone currently got their radio out or easliy able to take a pic for me?

Thanks all.

Andre
Old 04-22-2009, 07:13 PM
ace993t
Track Day

Anyone ?
Old 04-22-2009, 09:46 PM
jhummel68
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

See if this helps out. http://www.pcarworkshop.com/index.ph...orator_Replace Look under section 7.3.2 the first picture is behind the CCU which is where you are talking about. It is hard to describe but just to the right of the red, green, and yellow wires there is what looks like a red wire. That lone red wire is on top of the arm from the solenoid - it looks like it is disconnected from the arm that actuates the fresh air baffle. The arm from the solenoid has the hole showing and the arm going to the baffle has a "button" clip that has come disconnected. When I replaced my evaporator it was disconnected. I was also helping Arena 993 on his car and found his the same way. It is a challenge to reconnect. I hope this helps.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:02 PM
ace993t
Track Day

Thanks for this info jhummel68. Going back to the PET illustration and my last photo I am thinking these are different for Left Hand Drive / Right Hand Drive cars (mine is RHD) so the actuator position may not be the same. Either way in my case the connecting arm on mine is missing (not the one that sticks from the vacuum actuator/solenoid) and from what I can see (will post a pic soon) there is nothing to attach it to on the flaps. (part 41 on PET).

Thanks again

Andre

Quick Reply: Recirculating Air