Sponsored by:

Zymol Carbon Wax

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 06:43 PM
Leucadia
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zymol Carbon Wax

The previous owner always used Zymol wax on my car and had asked me to promise him I would continue to use it after I took possession.. Well, I just did a the first real detail of my car today since the purchase, and wow....this stuff rocks. Its totally differnet than those cheap chalky types of waxes like Meguires or Girots that stain your molding and are a bitch to remove. It goes on silky smooth and clear and seems to form a REAL wax bond upon contact with the car surface, and can almost immediately be wiped off. Your rubber molding is safe and does not need to be taped off.

If you have a dark car, the "Carbon" is what you want. This is where I get mine.
http://www.autobarn.net/zymol-carbon-wax.html

Old 12-23-2007, 03:45 AM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

It's good stuff, you should try Concourse, or Vintage, you apply them with your bare hand.

While I love the Zymol look. It doesn't last worth a dam, really you get about 2-4 weeks out of it, depending on how much out side time the car gets. One rain storm & most of it will be gone.

But the gloss & depth of shine is unmatched!
Old 12-23-2007, 07:33 AM
Stephenwz968
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Carnubas are great for the looks, but as Stealth said, they don't last at all. You can try a synthetic sealant, such as Meguiar's #21 Professional Sealant, and top that with the zymol, and then you have the protection and the look. Good luck!

Steve
Old 12-23-2007, 09:30 AM
Franklin229
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 58 Posts

I'm a polymer person and have been for years-Zaino especially-it can touch all sorts of different materials and never chalks up. Lasts a lot longer than traditional wax products- (no affiliation..blah..blah...blah..).
Old 12-23-2007, 01:12 PM
texas911
Race Car

Ultimate shine, can't beat Zymol, but for longevity, Zanio.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:39 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 806 Posts

im not a big van of zymol. The shine is fine, but I felt the depth was lacking. I use the standard Meguiars professional 26. easy to apply, very little dust, good protection and longevity
Old 12-24-2007, 02:19 AM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

The previous owner of my car used Zaino exclusively. How long does the Zaino finish last before it requires re-application compared to a carnuba wax?
Old 12-24-2007, 04:50 AM
Franklin229
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by H.H.Chinn
The previous owner of my car used Zaino exclusively. How long does the Zaino finish last before it requires re-application compared to a carnuba wax?
I probably get by with 2 applications a year, spring and fall, maintaining shine in-between with the spray product they offer. Main issue for me: black car. Zaino not only dries clear but also makes dust and dirt come off easier.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:56 AM
The Eagle
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
im not a big van of zymol. The shine is fine, but I felt the depth was lacking. I use the standard Meguiars professional 26. easy to apply, very little dust, good protection and longevity
That's the way to go. I recommend Meguiar's all the way. Have a look at there website & forum: http://www.meguiarsonline.com/
I've been using it for years now and it's longevity can't be beaten. Btw; NO dust NO chalk residu. It's all in the way how you use the products (no affiliation..blah..blah..).

~ The Eagle ~
---------------------

'96 Polar Silver/Black C4S, manual, litronics, LED's in the positioning lights, alu/leather shifter & handbrake, silver face gauges with alu rings, "GT" sport seats,
full leather interior, motor sound airbox, stainless door sills, with split rear grill and layered with Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax

'92 Carrera 2 (Sold)
'89 Carrera 3.2 (Sold)
Old 12-24-2007, 08:10 AM
95_993
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 370 Posts

I just received Zymol Carbon Wax from my wife for Xmas and I am looking forward to giving it a try. I hope to get the p-car out of the garage next weekend for a little mid-winter cleaning. Going on "clear" will a nice. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:00 AM
texas911
Race Car

Originally Posted by 95_993
I just received Zymol Carbon Wax from my wife for Xmas and I am looking forward to giving it a try. I hope to get the p-car out of the garage next weekend for a little mid-winter cleaning. Going on "clear" will a nice. I'll let you know how it goes.

Just make sure you read and do exactly as the instructions say and you'll end up with great results. The key is to prep the paint as Zymol wax is pure wax with no cleaning properties. HD Cleanze is an important step that people over look. Good luck with it.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:20 AM
95_993
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 370 Posts

texas911,

Good advice. I'll keep you posted.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:59 AM
shamrock
Racer

I've been using zymol 'Glasur' for the last two years and love it's results. It seems to last longer (maybe 4-6 weeks) than some of you guys are reporting .. And this is in Irish weather!

I'd be interested however to hear more details on how I could use other products to maintain the Zymol shine that bit longer.

By the way 95_993 , remember to put the zymol wax on as soon as possible after applying the HD cleanse , your cars paint is completely unprotected until you do so.. certainly , don't drive it until you've applied the wax..
Old 12-24-2007, 02:07 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

A couple of quick Zymol tips...

Prep if very important, make sure you have no products the contain silicone, & make sure there is nothing synthetic on the car. The wax will not bond, & will be very dull & uneven. If you don't have HD clean, & are not going to polish the car, wipe it down with a water/alcohol spray.

Use VERY, VERY little product! Apply it very evenly, if not you will get tiger stripping. You can also layer Zymol.

You can apply it on anything, I used to use it on my trim, it will not turn things white.

Not to sure about carbon & cream. But the higher end stuff you do NOT let it dry, you put it on, wait 2-5min, then wipe it off.

Zino is good, but gives a very sterol shine, & takes a whole day to apply it properly, one wrong move & you got to start over. It can be frustrating.

My favorite stuff right now is 1Z Einszett. http://www.1z-usa.com/ It gives 85-90% of the Zymol shine & depth. But is far cheaper, & last a very long time, right now, I'm going on 4 months on my DD & it still beads! Their polishes are just awesome!
Old 12-24-2007, 04:25 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 806 Posts

Id also like to say that P21s is a great product, that I've used with a lot of success.

Quick Reply: Zymol Carbon Wax