Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 09:04 PM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Sad Moments...Exciting Times...

All,

It is amazing how we never realize how good our cars sound or look until you see them drive off with someone else and it isn't coming back. Boy that was a great car, but my 8+ years of C4S ownership has come to an end.

It is a sad moment that is offset by the next project to find a NB 993 for club racing and track duty. As we enter the busy holiday times I'm going to be dreaming about starting my search for the next car which will start on January 1. I have promised my wife that I would wait until after the holidays, but between you, me, and the wall if you have a line on any cars please let me know.

I know that buying a prepped car can be more cost effective, but I already have just about everything I need to convert a street/stock 993 into a club racer except for the cage. Therefore I'm looking for a 993 NB that has been well maintained mechanically and has no structural damage. I would be willing to consider one that has had some minor cosmetic surgery as long as there are records and I can talk to those that did the repairs. Preferred colors include red, silver, black with a black interior.

Thanks for your help and Happy Holidays!

Skip
Old 12-20-2007, 10:33 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Cool, Skip! You know I'll keep my eyes peeled for you. I fully expect to be racing bumper-to-tail with you by next year's Summit race. Also, try to consider the VIR race, which will be a bit closer to you.
Old 12-22-2007, 02:58 PM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Mark,

I checked it out and VIR is about a 12 hour trip, so am definately considering a long weekend there. I'm looking forward to the search, prep, and setup time for the new car, but know that finding the right car will be a little challenging. It seems like there are a good list of '95s on the market with only a few of the '96-'97s in my price range. I'm hoping to find something in the mid 20s so I have $ left over to get it ready for the track.

By the way, what did your Lightweight flywheel, RSR clutch, and guard LSD cost you?

The motons and the related suspension parts from Steve Weiner are sitting in the storage unit with all the other take-offs just collecting dust and waiting to get installed.

Can't wait,

-Skip
Old 12-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Left you a voice mail message, Skip. I checked my emails with Cervelli. As it turns out, I don't have the RSR clutch since they have a propensity to explode, according to PMNA.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:51 PM
dmw
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 for sale

I have a 95 for sale. Same car pictured in my avatar but now has 18in rims. I can't figure out how to link to the thread, but it's in the 993 forum. You can search for posts I've started and you'll find it.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:27 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dmw
I have a 95 for sale. Same car pictured in my avatar but now has 18in rims. I can't figure out how to link to the thread, but it's in the 993 forum. You can search for posts I've started and you'll find it.
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/395518-feeler-1995-guards-red-c2.html

Quick Reply: Sad Moments...Exciting Times...