Sponsored by:

Embarrasing moments

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 03:30 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by visible23
Zombie...did you really just use the term "ghetto racer"?

Yikes.
The term comes, and revolves around, from Frank Lin, a vilified instructor who has a notorious reputation here on Rennlist, as well as many other forums. He has been banned by many driving organizations for his attitude and antics, mostly due to his inability to take responsibility for his own actions.

http://www.ghettoracer.com/

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=Ghettoracer

Also, try doing a search for "ghetto racer" on Rennlist. The guy is a menace2society.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:09 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

meh.. I invited people to the track to roadrace anytime I get 'street racers' egging me on.. they usually just peel out and leave like they were already proving their point and I just leave at a normal clip NOT racing...
Old 12-13-2007, 04:58 PM
Davies
Burning Brakes

The fact that people in other cars challenge me is enough. They see the car, they know the deal. I have already won, without lifting a finger.
To rise to the bait and race them would spoil the essence of that. This past summer, in my hometown, I had a new black Maserati Cambio-somethingo ragtop chomping at the bit and trying to drag against me at every light for about three miles, squealing tires and all. I eventually pulled up next to the guy - middle aged/balding(!) - smiled politely, and said, "congratulations...That thing went at least three miles without breaking down!"
That to me was way cooler than taking off after him. Only horse's asses put others at risk by racing on the street.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:00 PM
M491
Racer

Originally Posted by FLYT993
Are you kidding? "ghetto" like "ricer" and "rednecks" are associated with specific groups of people.
Really?

"Ricer" I guess is associated with "rice," which I guess arguably refers to Asians.

"Redneck" - white people from the South, like Jeff Foxworthy?

What race do you associate "ghetto" with?
Old 12-14-2007, 02:30 AM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Robin 993DX
It looks staged to me. It doesn't look like they were going that fast, because the camera would have been way more bummpier.
i totally agree... @ higher digits the camera reacts to every lil' bump even in a straight line.

i.e. (no h-cars) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NrhNuuQ3qQ
Old 12-14-2007, 10:41 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
The term comes, and revolves around, from Frank Lin, a vilified instructor who has a notorious reputation here on Rennlist, as well as many other forums. He has been banned by many driving organizations for his attitude and antics, mostly due to his inability to take responsibility for his own actions.

http://www.ghettoracer.com/

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=Ghettoracer

Also, try doing a search for "ghetto racer" on Rennlist. The guy is a menace2society.
Yeah, and if you knew him.........like actually been accosted by him at the track........well, you'd know how non-inflammatory it is.

Back on point, I guess that's one benefit of the Bay Area. I've gotta say it's been years since any street racer types have crossed my path.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:27 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by M491
Really?

"Ricer" I guess is associated with "rice," which I guess arguably refers to Asians.

"Redneck" - white people from the South, like Jeff Foxworthy?

What race do you associate "ghetto" with?
The human race................I can't believe how many people are so f**kin' caught up in being PC and calling anyone out who they think doesn't see it their way!

After living in one of the largest areas of japanese vehicle street racing cars in San Diego for over 20 yrs, I started using "Ghetto Racer" due to the poor finish & fit of way oversized primer grey body panels used by people who have no idea on how to hang/mount them on their cars.

Nothing else on the road like a mid 90's 4 door Toyota Camry with a huge GT-2 style wing on the back, uber huge front splitter in primer grey & 19" spinners.....LOL

ZP44

Quick Reply: Embarrasing moments