Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Desperately Seeking Atlanta Detailer

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 10:42 AM
007DT
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts

The watering ban makes sence except I think they should find a mean average and require you to stay at or below that average. If you fall outside of it then you get additional surcharge, etc. Not being able to wash my cars is driving me crazy

I'd skip a shower or two to wash my car if I was allowed.

I've even gone as far as to tell my wife we have to shower together to conserve water... Ususally she just throws my son in the shower w/ me instead.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:38 AM
Jon 'Bama
Pro

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

its been a long time since I have used him but I used to go to this shop a bit and was always happy with his work

Main Street Auto Salon
207 E Main St
Cumming, GA 30040
(770) 889-4916

As for the Well water, I had one in Alabama and always used it to wash my car, with great results. Best bet is to have your water tested to make sure it is clean and particulate free.

It is killing me not to be able to wash mine, and I don't like to have others do it so I am just driving a dirty 993 for now.

Hound dog, my brother has lived up near Highlands (Scaly Mountain) for years and has been washing his cars with his well water with no issues. He has a very nice 912 (69 White Targa with rear soft top) that you may see tearing around the mountains a bit

J
Old 12-19-2007, 05:46 PM
Hound Dog
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My place is in Scaly Mountain, so I'd love to meet up with your brother some time. It's a great area for a pcar drive. As you can see from the avatar, '97 C2 in Guards Red - I'll honk at him if I see him.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:31 PM
Jon 'Bama
Pro

I'll see him in a couple of days for X Mas. and I will let him know to look out for you

He is part owner of Cyprus
http://cyprushighlands.com/

and also a Realtor in the area
http://www.carolinamountainbrokers.com/

Tell him Hi from his little Bro if you run into him.

Jon
Old 12-19-2007, 09:47 PM
Hound Dog
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ooooo - I may need him. I actually have two houses up there, one of which is for sale. The second was owned by a Florida residential real estate developer who was in a world of hurt so I upgraded and relieved him of his pain. Now, I need to sell my first house and would love to contribute to the upkeep of a pcar in doing so. I'll be sure to mention the little brother referral!!

Wanna buy a house near your brother's?
Old 12-19-2007, 09:58 PM
Jon 'Bama
Pro

Originally Posted by Hound Dog
Wanna buy a house near your brother's?
well, I love him but I lived with him for 18 Years and owned a business with him for 5. I believe I am close enough here in Roswell for now

Good luck selling the place, its a great area for a second home.

Jon

Quick Reply: Desperately Seeking Atlanta Detailer