No I haven't hit anything! Just have somethings I need colour coded in GW

Thx
Old 12-07-2007, 06:32 PM
Surj-993C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Am I being too specific?

How about Easy Bay in general? Someone must have used a bodyshop around here somewhere - help?
Old 12-07-2007, 06:49 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Surj, I can rule out one for ya.... California Auto Body in Walnut Creek. Do not go there...

Sorry, I don't have a recommendation.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:15 PM
Jim Morton
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Surj:

Not sure what you mean by "colour coded"...

However, a few of us have used Haws Auto Body in Concord for body bits (air dams, ducts , spoilers) as they have they are cerified with Glasruit and own their own GLasso paint rack. With their cert, they have the current paint codes with age fade library to best match the P-Car paint codes as the cars age.

As example, when I last did a body bit for my GR C2, there were 13 age variants for G1G1.

(Mark: Just curious, what was wrong with CA Auto Body??? That place goes hot and cold... and has done so for years !)

Regards
Old 12-07-2007, 07:35 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Morton
Surj:

Not sure what you mean by "colour coded"...

However, a few of us have used Haws Auto Body in Concord for body bits (air dams, ducts , spoilers) as they have they are cerified with Glasruit and own their own GLasso paint rack. With their cert, they have the current paint codes with age fade library to best match the P-Car paint codes as the cars age.

As example, when I last did a body bit for my GR C2, there were 13 age variants for G1G1.

(Mark: Just curious, what was wrong with CA Auto Body??? That place goes hot and cold... and has done so for years !)

Regards
I could write a book Jim.
My poor 964 was in and out of there for months. Took it in to respray... make it perfect. That was my quest. They were recommended by another enthusiast.
They rushed some of the work, caused finish problems, broke a tailight (he replaced it with new but you can't match the original fade they get) burned through edges when buffing, mismatched paint on retries, tried to use silicone to get rubber molding to stick in place...

Probably easier to tell you what went right
It is still messed up and I gave up.
Unless major body work is needed I now do my own paint work. I have myself set up to do it. All thanks to them.
Sorry, you asked

I have always heard good things about Haws also. I actually checked them out when looking to get the 964 done. I made the wrong call.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:42 PM
Surj-993C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Sorry - I should have been more specific, by colour coded I mean to get some interior bits and pieces that I have painted in Glacier White (they are not currently),

I'll lookup Haws in Concord - not too far from me.

thanks!
Old 12-09-2007, 01:07 AM
David Schiff
Instructor

i was t boned in my wifes boxter S, GT silver. had it airlifted to Sonnen, and they with some other high end dealers/owners have a shop on the east side of san rafael. senior moment on the name but if you pm me ill get it. I cannot now tell which side was hit, fwd of the front wheel, spun and kissed the stern. Id go back there any day. just one persons experience oh...the old gyri and sulci are hitting..... Barsotti's in san rafael.
I was also referred to another place whitman or williams but they wanted to do a corner balance afterward [its a wifey's daily driver,but i was driving it] and they knew it and that turned me away.
ds
Old 12-09-2007, 03:16 AM
atan888
Three Wheelin'

The only one I go to is UACC in Burlingame. And they are located here in the Peninsula. They also give us the Rennlist discount.

Quick Reply: Paint shop / Body shop recommendations Dublin/Danville area