Stronger Than OEM Clutches?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 347 Posts
Cool more careful installation?

My esteemed colleagues,

I had my semi-LWF installed at ANDIAL by Kevin K., one of their best, if not the best "wrench" in the place. I have the grinder sound, aka gear lash, or??? I don't mind it at all. I have no concerns about the care of the installation. I have every confidence that it was installed as good as it can get.

I wonder if a "careful installation" is going to eliminate the noise? Don't think so.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:10 PM
FLYT993
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin S.
My esteemed colleagues,

I had my semi-LWF installed at ANDIAL by Kevin K., one of their best, if not the best "wrench" in the place. I have the grinder sound, aka gear lash, or??? I don't mind it at all. I have no concerns about the care of the installation. I have every confidence that it was installed as good as it can get.

I wonder if a "careful installation" is going to eliminate the noise? Don't think so.

Martin, this is exactly why I posed the question because it seems counter-intuitive based on the numbers of folks who have it installed and experience the noise. But Steve's comments are his, not mine, and he stated emphatically he thought they installed the wrong FW because he didn't hear a thing. Jason's comments are pretty crisp and to the point with regards to the shop stating they eliminated the coffee grinding by replacing everything. Nevertheless, I've been off topic now for about 2 pages, because I didn't intend this thread to digress to a discussion of FW's. I wanted to know what applications there were of stronger clutches installed in our 993's, but I suppose it's difficult or damn near impossible to discuss one without the other since they are inextricably related.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Surj-993C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

This thread is EXACTLY why we love Rennlist and the 993 board in particular.

No egos, no BS - just plain debate and facts as people have them. I've learned a hell of lot - thanks everyone.

Dan - best of luck in your quest - I'm sure there's no reason why you cant have an RS Clutch and keep the DMF; but of there is, someone will educate me!!

btw: when you get it done - ask for the RMS (serisouly - not a 996 dig at all) to be replaced as well.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:01 PM
FLYT993
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Surj-993C2S
This thread is EXACTLY why we love Rennlist and the 993 board in particular.

No egos, no BS - just plain debate and facts as people have them. I've learned a hell of lot - thanks everyone.

Dan - best of luck in your quest - I'm sure there's no reason why you cant have an RS Clutch and keep the DMF; but of there is, someone will educate me!!

btw: when you get it done - ask for the RMS (serisouly - not a 996 dig at all) to be replaced as well.
Agree 1000%!

Quick Reply: Stronger Than OEM Clutches?