EZ Car lift?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 11:22 AM
Luis A.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 6 Posts
Default EZ Car lift?

Anyone seen this lift in use? It seems clever and I like the clear access it provides plus the ability to swing it out of the way up against a wall. http://www.ezcarlift.com/
Old 12-02-2007, 11:27 AM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 144 Posts

It was discussed here before but the price was the biggest loser and the fact that you have to use a drill to lift was the other.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

The price is $2,295.00 + shipping and handling...holy cra! I paid way less than that for my 9000lb two post lift so it sounds pretty expensive. It also looks pretty light duty given its weight etc. I got nervous looking at the picture with the guy lying on his back under a tire working on the car. I might rely on a very flat surface.

Anyways its the price that kills it for me. It is clever in being portable. It seems to do have to put it together with a few nuts/bolts on side. It also does not jack with single points but uses two ramps on each side...it would be very difficult to do an oil change on a 993 with this since the tank drain is in alighment with the rocker panels.

If you buy one it would be interesting to see your review.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 12-02-2007, 12:23 PM
Luis A.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the feedback guys. I did find the other thread on this lift; many good points.

The price does seem high given the physical make up of the lift: no hydraulics, low amount of steel, etc. but when I stop and think about capabilities, it does fulfill many needs, perahaps justifying the $500-600 premium and could be even more convenient in many respects over the $1,400 hydraulic scissors lifts.

I have an 8 1/2 foot ceiling so the two post/ four post options go out the window.

In regards to a 'limited' lifting height of 26" versus 48" with most scissors, unless I can stand under the car, I don't think it makes a big difference, does it? My butt has to be about 3" from the floor for me to be able to sit under a car lifted at 48" so my head and face would be right up to the bottom of the car. Do most people here with a scissors lift comfortablye work under the car while sitting up?

I really like not having to deal with unsightly 2 x 12's on the garage floor and the ability to move it anywhere within the garage instead of having parked on one place receiving all the melted salt water dripping from the cars while the p-car is in storage elsewhere.

Alos, shipping and receving via UPS is sweet and not having to wrestle a 1,200 lb. unit off a truck and around the garage, but this is very secondary since I think it doesn't compromise lifting in any other way.

Mike you make a good point in regards to the oil change. My thought is since the lengthwise support platforms are about 10-11" wide, the platform could be placed a few inches toward the left of the car and you would still support the jacking point on the right but not obstruct the oil tank plug. Otherwise, all other jobs do seem like a breeze with this thing.

I'm not affiliated with this guy, needless to say but I've been thinking about a lift for a while and I want to ensure I'm not drinking my own Kool-Aid and overlooking some fatal flaw, so guys, please chime in since I'm ready to pull the trigger today or tomorrow to take advantage of the lower sale price.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:35 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can it get under a lowered car? I also think this is a viable solution if it can get under a lowered car.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:13 PM
Luis A.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Comes down to 4"... How low is your lowered car?
Old 12-02-2007, 02:30 PM
jnx
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Luis A.
Comes down to 4"... How low is your lowered car?
That could present a problem. It's less than 4" from the jack points to the floor on some lowered cars. I have a 2 post lift with 4" clearance and when I lift a friends lowered 993, we have to lift up on the fender wells of his car to get the needed clearance.

Quick Reply: EZ Car lift?