993 Forum 1995-1998

Need Owner's Manuals--Question for C4S owners/knowledgeable RL'ers

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 12:32 AM
Butzi
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need Owner's Manuals--Question for C4S owners/knowledgeable RL'ers

My C4S did not come with any owner's manuals. I've been on eBay and have seen some come and go, but they are for "Carrera & Turbo" models. My question is: Was there a different Owner's Manual for the C4S? What about being year specific? <--that's more for "collectability value" versus year-to-year changes (of which there are none, I assume) I've got a '98...

Does anyone have a set they want to dump? I'd like to know what all the A/C settings mean...

Thanks!
Old 11-21-2007, 12:51 AM
Crimson Nape Racing
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think they're all tha same. As for the a/c, the small snowflake turns the compressor on and the big snowflake is max a/c - full cool and high fan. The top lever adjusts the location of the air (up or down) and the bottom lever adjust the location of the outside air (or the amount of outside air, I can't remember)
Old 11-21-2007, 11:23 AM
air eater
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are all the same for 993's. There is one currently listed on eBay. I got one through the same source several months ago. The winning bid was for less than $60.00.
PNA told me they were at least 1 year out from reprinting the manual for the 97 993. It appears this east coast person has cornered the market for our manuals.
here is the eBay site:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 11-21-2007, 11:42 AM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Crimson Nape Racing
The top lever adjusts the location of the air (up or down) and the bottom lever adjust the location of the outside air (or the amount of outside air, I can't remember)
Is that correct? I've always been under the impression that the top slider is the amount of air being directed to the upper (windshield) vents, and the lower is the amount of air being directed to the footwell vents. With both all the way to the left, all the air comes out of the dash vents.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:49 AM
jimbo3
Rennlist Member

Received 655 Likes on 387 Posts

There was a thread on this a couple of weeks ago. Pelican has them. $50.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:58 AM
air eater
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jimbo3
There was a thread on this a couple of weeks ago. Pelican has them. $50.
Pelican Parts supposedly has the 95 and 96 manuals in stock but no 97 or 98.
Here is addtional info. they give you at checkout:
"NOTE: Since January 1, 2007, Porsche has been moving a lot of their older replacement parts from the United States to their main warehouse in Germany. There is a chance that this special Porsche-only part that you have selected may only be available in Germany, which requires longer shipping times and an additional "Germany shipping" surcharge. If this is the case, we will contact you prior to processing and shipping your order."

Check it out:
http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/...FILTER_911L=ON
Old 11-21-2007, 12:54 PM
Randy 1
Racer

Originally Posted by Crimson Nape Racing
I think they're all tha same. As for the a/c, the small snowflake turns the compressor on and the big snowflake is max a/c - full cool and high fan. The top lever adjusts the location of the air (up or down) and the bottom lever adjust the location of the outside air (or the amount of outside air, I can't remember)
I'm almost certain this is incorrect.

As stated, the small snowflake turns on the A/C, while big snowflake is the equivalent of Max A/C.

The top slider controls airflow to the window defroster vents. Bottom slider is foot vents. Flow from the dash vents is controlled by the roller switches attached.

The other two, from memory, are max defrost and recirculate.

And yes, I can confirm that the manual on my C4S says "Carrera and Turbo".
Old 11-21-2007, 02:39 PM
richardew
R.I.P
Rennlist Member

As stated, the small snowflake turns on the A/C, while big snowflake is the equivalent of Max A/C.

The top slider controls airflow to the window defroster vents. Bottom slider is foot vents. Flow from the dash vents is controlled by the roller switches attached.

The other two, from memory, are max defrost and recirculate.
+1
Old 11-21-2007, 03:00 PM
Crimson Nape Racing
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vjd3
Is that correct? I've always been under the impression that the top slider is the amount of air being directed to the upper (windshield) vents, and the lower is the amount of air being directed to the footwell vents. With both all the way to the left, all the air comes out of the dash vents.
shows you how good my memory is, that was the way my 84 worked....
Old 11-21-2007, 03:07 PM
jimbo3
Rennlist Member

Received 655 Likes on 387 Posts

Call your local dealer and have them see it they can find it at any other dealer country-wide. Their system allows them to see what other dealers have the part(s) they are looking for.

That's how I got mine!
Old 11-21-2007, 03:21 PM
Butzi
Pro

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Quick Reply: Need Owner's Manuals--Question for C4S owners/knowledgeable RL'ers