Sponsored by:

seat question: SPG vs Pole Positions

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 11:58 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts
Default seat question: SPG vs Pole Positions

I've done a search and haven't quite found the answer. I'm mostly looking for feedback in terms of sizing and comfort levels between the two seats.

I'm 5'10" and 185 pounds (36" waist). The pole positions are a bit snug, but acceptable. I have not had a chance to sit in the SPGs, but have heard that they may be a bit too snug for my frame. Is the SPG XL comparable in fitment to the Pole Position? How do the PPs and SPGs compare in terms of comfort?

I do drive the car on the street (weekend use only). Are the SPGs going to kill me on a 2-hour trip? I've had back problems in the past with the stock seats, and definitely appreciated the support and comfort of my Recaro Sportlines in my cab. However, it's time to move to a fixed back seat for DE duty. Major difference seams to be that the SPGs have cross-bracing on the seat back, reinforced shoulder supports, and have thigh bolsters.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:23 AM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Hi Glen:

Needless to say, seat comfort is an intensely personal issue thats totally subjective due to everyone's height, build, and inseam length.

If you are snug in a PP, the SPG's will be too tight for you.

SPG XL's offer more "wiggle room" and thats a good thing when such seats are used for road as well as track use.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:41 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,176 Likes on 1,835 Posts

Glen, have you tried euro GT3 seats? IIRC, they are the same basic tub as the PPs but the shoulder area is a little wider. We're about the same size and weight and I love mine. Another benefit of the GT3s is weight: 13lbs each without brackets or rails.

Quick Reply: seat question: SPG vs Pole Positions