Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heel/Toe Pedal Ques..

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 08:53 AM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm not so sure that Gerry-rigging a wooden shim and fixing with sheetrock screws is the safest solution here. I would not want a piece of wood to potentially break free and get stuck under the pedals. I also wouldn't want sheet metal screws flying around in the car. A simple wood screw will have a tendency to loosen and wood is not going to hold up to the repetitive trauma. I'd either manufacture something out of aluminum and secure with locknuts and/or spring washers or I'd buy a tested solution from a reputable manufacturer (and then I still might look for better bolts/nuts to secure it). This is one area where I don't think saving a few bucks is appropriate.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:46 AM
Leander
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That thing on the end of your leg is your heel. When you get better after an injury you heal.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:53 PM
993_Pilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Leander
That thing on the end of your leg is your heel. When you get better after an injury you heal.
Corrected. I never was a good speller !

Originally Posted by ssarchi
Jeff- Checking Pedal Travel (topic no 3) refers to diagram 1098-30 on page 30-14

Do you have access to that?
I think that it is the picture right below it.
Attached Images  
Old 11-19-2007, 05:18 PM
Pickled Piper
Instructor

The gas (accelerator) pedal is definitely adjustable. I struggled with this same problem of trying to heel and toe for a couple of years before I figured it out. There is no need to screw lumps of wood to the pedal or to buy aftermarket pedals. This car was developed by Walter Rohrl. Do you really think he allowed the Porsche Engineers to put it on the market without taking this into account?

The procedure is straightforward. Pull the gas pedal up hard. this will disclocate the accelerator shaft from the back of the pedal. The shaft has a hex section and a lock nut that allows you to adjust the length. I had to lengthen the rod on mine to bring up the accelerator. loosen the lock nut, twist the shaft to get the desired length. nip up the locknut and snap the pedal back onto the ball joint.

Take care if you are shortening the shaft you may end up not achieving WOT with your pedal to the metal.

pp
Old 11-19-2007, 10:59 PM
993_Pilot
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Pickled Piper
The gas (accelerator) pedal is definitely adjustable. I struggled with this same problem of trying to heel and toe for a couple of years before I figured it out. There is no need to screw lumps of wood to the pedal or to buy aftermarket pedals. This car was developed by Walter Rohrl. Do you really think he allowed the Porsche Engineers to put it on the market without taking this into account?

The procedure is straightforward. Pull the gas pedal up hard. this will disclocate the accelerator shaft from the back of the pedal. The shaft has a hex section and a lock nut that allows you to adjust the length. I had to lengthen the rod on mine to bring up the accelerator. loosen the lock nut, twist the shaft to get the desired length. nip up the locknut and snap the pedal back onto the ball joint.

Take care if you are shortening the shaft you may end up not achieving WOT with your pedal to the metal.

pp
Good to know. I wonder why this is not discussed in the manual ?
Old 11-19-2007, 11:20 PM
justin993
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Removing the rubber pads off the brake and clutch and putting grip tape right over the metal pedal is a nice little easy mod. Someone posted some pics of a rare 964 c4 light wieght at one point, and the pedals were set up this way, with the standard gas pedal and grip tape over the clutch and brake. I never had an issue with heal and toe with the stock set-up, but this is a nice improvement.

Quick Reply: Heel/Toe Pedal Ques..