993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two Tone Interiors- Option for 993?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007 | 09:45 AM
jimbo3
Rennlist Member

Default Two Tone Interiors- Option for 993?

While spending some at the Porsche site putting together one of my many dream cars on their "configurator", I punched in the "Two Tone" option and found that it was configured very similarily to the black/cashmere interior- black dash, wheel and door sills with cashmere mostly everywhere else. It got me to thinking that I'd never seen a 993's "cashmere" interior be anything BUT two-tone, but all other color interior seemed to be mostly a single tone. (i.e., grey interiors have a grey dash/sills/wheel, blue has a blue dash/sills/wheel, etc.) The de-coder indicates "Z65" might be a two-tone code, but my option sticker doesn't show that code. Was two-tone an option for 993's?

Just curious...

-Jim
Old 11-08-2007 | 12:28 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

not sure if there was an option code for it, but I know many 993s came with two tone interiors. I love mine!
Old 11-08-2007 | 01:20 PM
NP993
Rennlist Member

I don't know if it was an option, but in the options area of the window sticker for my car (which has a two-tone interior) it says:

"Grey/Midnight partial leather"
Old 11-08-2007 | 01:24 PM
993_Pilot
Three Wheelin'

My interior is Cashmere, but has the black dash and steering wheel too. I am just about to change to a black leather center console and already have black mats, but I want black carpeting. I have seen cashmere steering wheels for sale, but I think they were from a 996, not sure. I would think that a cashmere dash would produce too much glare. I don't know if this is factory or not, but here is a picture of a two tone interior complete with cashmere instrument rings . . .
Attached Images  
Old 11-08-2007 | 01:32 PM
swmic

Rennlist Member

I saw a silver C4s that had a chestnut/gray two tone interior. It was the nicest interior I had ever seen. Maybe because I'm a Buckeye fan. The car was for sale at Holt's.
Old 11-08-2007 | 05:22 PM
Rick Lee
Addict
Rennlist Member

My interior was all marble grey with black dash. I've since made it more two-tone with black seats, Rs shifter and handbrake and black center console frame. Looks fantastic now.
Old 11-08-2007 | 05:58 PM
Marlon
Drifting

Originally Posted by 993_Pilot
My interior is Cashmere, but has the black dash and steering wheel too. I am just about to change to a black leather center console and already have black mats, but I want black carpeting. I have seen cashmere steering wheels for sale, but I think they were from a 996, not sure. I would think that a cashmere dash would produce too much glare. I don't know if this is factory or not, but here is a picture of a two tone interior complete with cashmere instrument rings . . .

Nice idea with the console - not sure I'd change the dash though. You have the same intererior as my black car.
Old 11-08-2007 | 06:16 PM
Davies
Burning Brakes

Not sure about "standard" options, but you could order your 993 in any custom color configuration your wallet desired from the factory.
Old 11-08-2007 | 09:03 PM
WHB Porsche
I'm Still Jenny
Rennlist Member

I've seen cars w/ two-tone leather, meaning different seatbacks and bolsters.
Old 11-08-2007 | 11:35 PM
ste993
Pro

I really like my cashmere interior with the rings too, but am happy that the dash and wheel are black. Kinda two-tone I guess.

Old 11-09-2007 | 01:26 PM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jimbo3
While spending some at the Porsche site putting together one of my many dream cars on their "configurator", I punched in the "Two Tone" option and found that it was configured very similarily to the black/cashmere interior- black dash, wheel and door sills with cashmere mostly everywhere else. It got me to thinking that I'd never seen a 993's "cashmere" interior be anything BUT two-tone, but all other color interior seemed to be mostly a single tone. (i.e., grey interiors have a grey dash/sills/wheel, blue has a blue dash/sills/wheel, etc.) The de-coder indicates "Z65" might be a two-tone code, but my option sticker doesn't show that code. Was two-tone an option for 993's?

Just curious...

-Jim
The option was called deviating carpet, option code Z100.
Old 11-09-2007 | 06:50 PM
jimbo3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by The Brewmeister
The option was called deviating carpet, option code Z100.
I don't have any "Z" codes on my options sticker at all. "Deviated carpet" is for the black dash, black knee pad, black door sills and black wheel? My carpet, headliner, seats and door panels are cashmere, so I can't figure out how "deviated carpet" would have meant black trim. Then again, I can't make sense of a lot of the things on the options list!

Maybe the original customer just starts listing the colors they want various interior pieces and it only showed up on a build sheet and no option code?
Old 11-10-2007 | 09:42 AM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

My window sticker has the option listed as "deviating carpet, standard colors"
and here's a pic. I liked the look and it's uniqueness was a factor in my
purchase decision.
Attached Images  
Old 11-10-2007 | 12:40 PM
chet
Instructor

I think that is listed as deviating carpet because the carpet is different from the seats and doorpanels. For cars without such a light interior (that is a very attractive interior, by the way), the dash and knee strip, steering wheel, door panels, center console, seats, and carpet are all the same color. With those very light colors though, the dash and knee strip and steering wheel seem to always be a dark color (mostly I've seen black, but I'm pretty sure I've seen the marble grey with a blue dash).
Old 11-10-2007 | 02:47 PM
993_Pilot
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by The Brewmeister
My window sticker has the option listed as "deviating carpet, standard colors"
and here's a pic. I liked the look and it's uniqueness was a factor in my
purchase decision.
This is the look I am after, except in Cashmere instead of Grey, and I also want a Black center console. It looks great!

Quick Reply: Two Tone Interiors- Option for 993?