993 Forum 1995-1998

Recomendation of shop in NJ

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 09:08 AM
LT1
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny Big Hands
Got the monster back from Powertech...PSS9's installed at RS height plus a couple mm's with a slight rake...they did a great job!!! (I'll post some pic's if you're interested...A great bunch of guys over there...Here something interesting, when I purchased the car in May I had it PPI'ed at a Porshe dealer in SC that told me the rear main was leaking. I had the guys at Powertech check it out while they were doing the suspension...they said it wasn't the rear main...turned out to be 2 loose bolts somewhere right above...The guys there removed the bolts, dryed up the area to confirm it wasn't the rear main and tightened them up...No leaks so far...They went out of there way, fixed my leak, and charged me pennies...Powertech A+
How much for pss9 installed?
Old 11-15-2007, 09:21 PM
J.B.H.
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The guys at Powertech quoted me at 3200 and ended up charging me between 3000&3100 ...it was lumped in with some other labor charges....that price included alignment and corner balance...all done correctly the first time...according to Mike it was set at an ideal level which looks about identical to the ride height in your avitar....(would have gotten back to you sooner, just haven't been home past couple nights)
Old 11-18-2007, 12:31 AM
911 Wail Tale
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do yourself a favor and drive up to Oxford, CT to Dan Jacob's Hairy Dog Grrrage. He is the most trustworthy wrench in the NE. A few guys have recently been burned by a shop in NJ---one guy became so pissed that he is thinking about giving up the sport. Always be sure to get a $$$ quote prior to the work being done, otherwise you might be in for a real surprise......
Old 11-08-2009, 02:35 AM
Paolo1
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts

Which shop in NJ did the burning? I am dense. Please be more specific....Thank you!
Old 11-08-2009, 02:38 AM
Paolo1
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts

Could you please share more pics of your metallic black TT? I am very intrigued by this color...Do other have opinions about metallic black? Isn't it quite rare and subtle/ special/ $$$ ?

Quick Reply: Recomendation of shop in NJ